Author Topic: Joint security headquarters - expedition question  (Read 7947 times)

Corellius

• Noob
    • View Profile
Joint security headquarters - expedition question
« on: August 06, 2019, 07:48:36 am »
I have some problems with the hq and im at a loss if i am honest. I entered through the gate, passed the secuirity checkpoint by placing all my equipment in the bin and the scanner gives me an all clear and tells me my equipment is in decontamination. Now problem is i am nacked and have zero stealth(AS tin can char no psi), i was able to time the security cameras and explore a little but i am unable to progress past the plasma towers and i have no clue where/how to get to decontamination. I get the feeling that i entered the wrong way or i have to trick the security system to keep my stuff. My question is then if i was to dense to find the obvious solution to this or if i have to murder my way to an alternative entry(i dislike wanton destruction if possible). i have plenty of hardsaves to roll back and if nothing else i level and skill stealth even with 3 agi if nessescary, but im rather certain that im oblivious and cant see the tree in the forest anymore.

Solved:
I was oblivious and didn't see the tree in the forest  ;)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 11:21:39 am by Corellius »

Azura_04

• Scavenger
  • Some girl from SGS.
    • View Profile
    • My primary forum account. (German, no advertising.)
Re: Joint security headquarters - expedition question
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 11:41:54 am »
Hey,

I had some lets call it same problem. I couldn't hack the door because infound no haxxor. And i couldn't break the wall to get my stuff because...i had no jackhammer. So i had to repair the reef glider and drive back to marcus to buy a haxxor+ some batteries. So i could get my stuff back. And yes i had to get the key first. Please unlock the door...this really wasn't fun...i played on the difficulty hard.

-Azura
You can contact me on Discord if you want.
•♬•♫•Azura•♫•♬•#9900

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2019, 02:30:38 pm »
It happened to me as well, and I also panicked.  But it's actually fine; there are three exits to the first area:  west, north, east.  North and east are guarded by plasma turrets which no naked character can be expected to handle, as well as security cameras that awaken a horde of robots even if you try some hit and run stuff.  So that leaves west.  Go west; there are a couple of panels that open some gates.  One gate lets in spiders, the other leads to a room with some robots.  Run past the robots to another gate panel, go through, and close the gate before the robots can get in.  Your solution lies within.
*eurobeat intensifies*

Blackmill138

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2019, 05:15:57 am »
Here's what you can do.

1. You need to get to the Western storage garages at the top of the entrance area. You will have to pass a camera but this should be doable with low stealth.

2. You will be in a room with a gate. Find the computer to open the gate. Two strongmen will appear (or maybe you need to make them appear with the computer) and they will kill the spiders that emerge. Remain stealthed and far away.

3. The next room is large enough that, with some patience, you should be able to reach the west control room (top of the room, up the stairs) while avoiding the strongmen. Open the storage garages. If you want, you can use the surveillance to watch for one of strongmen to walk into a garage, and the close the door on it. One of the garages has 2 TnT and a few EMP grenades. You need the 2 TnT and at least one EMP grenade.

4. Return to the entrance area while stealthed. You will immediately be in line of sight of the camera. Take a step back into the red exit area to get out of line of sight. You can still place the TnT under the camera from here. It will explode, killing the camera, but not hurting you much. This will also attract all of the automatons to your area. So, hurry, and return to the storage garages.

5. From the storage garages, head north (right), and you will find an exit that leads to an otherwise inaccessible office in entrance area. The enemies should be a screen-and-a-half away but remain stealthed. Throw an EMP grenade in the office and as close to the enemies as possible. They will hear and converge to the office.

6. Hurry. Run back to the storage garages and then the entrance area. The camera is dead and the enemies are converging to the office. Some enemies may have stayed behind, so if your stealth is low, you may need some luck. You will see a wall that can broken near the room where you put your weapons in storage. Use your last TnT to blow up the wall, rush into the room it exposes, and slam the door before the enemies arrive.

7. You did it. This room has your gear. Now you just need to fight off a dozen or so angry robots.