Author Topic: [1.0.4.17] Locus of Control/Enrage combo crashing game in 1st Hollow Earth area  (Read 2010 times)

Felipe

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
My game crashes consistently whenever I try to fight using the Locus of Control + Enrage combo in the first Hollow Earth area you enter after reaching the Deep Caverns. I'm not sure if it's the combo specifically or if it's just one of the skills causing this issue, but I know for sure that it happens every time after I use the combo.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Can you post the crash log that is generated? You'll find it in Documents\My Games\Underrail.

Felipe

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Can you post the crash log that is generated? You'll find it in Documents\My Games\Underrail.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Unfortunately, it doesn't help me track down the bug and I can't seem to reproduce it. Does this happen in the map just east of where you meet Six?

Felipe

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Unfortunately, it doesn't help me track down the bug and I can't seem to reproduce it. Does this happen in the map just east of where you meet Six?

Sorry, I forgot about the thread.

It's been happening in every area I've stepped into so far in Hollow Earth. If it's worth anything, I didn't encounter this issue in Mushroom Forest at all. Anything else I can give you maybe to help?

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Let's wait for now and see if this still happens when the new version is out. I might have inadvertently fixed it through some other change/fix.

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
I might have inadvertently fixed it through some other change/fix.
Hm, I don't recognize that from software development best practices.  I thought it was...

If you fixed something, it was on purpose
If you broke something, it was an unforseeable accident
If you want to fix it, it's a bug
If you can't be bothered, it's a feature
And if it drives your users almost but not quite to the point where they give up and go looking for a competitor's alternatives....well, that's a value add.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
I'd just go one step further and say there are no bugs, only alternative lifestyle features.

brobotics

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
I'd just go one step further and say there are no bugs, only alternative lifestyle features.

some of the features are just "that way"
10-4 on those rubber duckies partner