Author Topic: Selling things  (Read 6659 times)

filpan

• Noob
    • View Profile
Selling things
« on: December 20, 2015, 07:02:21 pm »
I cant sell nothing, even if I have an object that is worth 40, the seller won't trade and give me 40?! And where is the best way to get money? I'm having a shitty silenced pistol, only 4 medkits and a ton of rathounds to kill, how do they expect me to do that? I'm not playing as a jack of all trades, but I specialize in firepower and throwing.
There is no manual or anything and this is why I will be posting a lot of topics here.
Thanks for this great game!

Coaxl

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Re: Selling things
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 08:15:19 pm »
The value of an item might be 40, but that does not mean you will get 40 of any given currency. South Gate Station Credits are worth 10, so you will get 4 SGS credits for an object that is worth 40 with no haggling and all that. Of course, it works both ways. Later, you will have other currencies which have a different relation to the item's "objective value".

To get money - I'm kinda new so I probably don't have all the best advice either, but just going around and exploring lets you find some good stuff, and other than that, you can probably make some nice money early on by crafting rathound leather into leather armor (needs Tailoring).

LightningMonk

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 11:42:37 pm »
Short version off EA experience: Guns, Ammo, Electrified Melee Weapons, Electrical Devices, Tactical Vest, Electronic Components.

Generally, the only items worth hauling are firearms in terms of their weight/value. Weapon Shops will always want a few guns each inventory refresh. Tactical Vest are heavier ,but can also fetch a fair amount at most Weapon Shops. Melee weapons are also in demand ,but don't have a high payout unless they're electrified. Energy weapons are rarer and have some of the highest value in the game. Always take them. Ammo is basically the unofficial currency in this game for Weapon shops; take it.

Components are usually a toss up and can be worthless as loot unless you want to use them in a blue print for crafting. Electronic parts are the great because they're super light and worth quite a bit.

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 12:02:06 am »
Leather--->Leather Armor--->Patching Kit/Advanced Patching Kit--->getting richer

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 05:39:53 pm »
Also in case no one has mentioned it so far:
The trader has to actually want what you're offering. ;)
First person to give Styg Karma.

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.

Swarley

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2015, 09:32:32 am »
Is there a vendor that buys caged cave hoppers? I finished the quest but couldn't find a vendor to get rid of the extra I caught.

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2015, 10:13:55 am »
I think this counts as food.
Or something.
Hint: They are NOT worth the weight.
First person to give Styg Karma.

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.