Author Topic: Really loving the game so far  (Read 3569 times)

Eliasfrost

• Tchortist
  • If fate frowns, we all perish
    • View Profile
Really loving the game so far
« on: October 29, 2012, 12:07:20 pm »
Hi! I just want to say that I'm absolutely flattered by Styg and this project! I'm a huge WRPG fan and I've waited since forever for a new game that plays out like the old Fallout titles, and I have to look no further! This game contains everything that I ever wanted in a isometric rpg, although there are some things that could be better. :)

Here's my list of suggestions:

- A map, I find it kinda hard to navigate through the tunnels sometimes. And scrolling around the area is very tedious when you could have a quick overview.
- Experimenting with crafting. I would like to see the ability to experiment with crafting to discover new items on my own without a blueprint. Especially when it comes to clothing and the likes, with a high skill level, the req to have a blueprint to create a jacket is beyond me.
- More examining: I really loved it in Mass Effect that you could examine different things to expand your codex, which also gave a small experience boost. One thing that I would like to see in Underrail is the ability to gain experience by actually experience the game: examining surroundings and items, talk to people and ask questions. And with enough "real" experience, you could get minor perks, such as a small percentage boost of noticing hidden doors/traps, new dialogue options or higher effectiveness with certain items, maybe even a boost in intelligence or perception.
-Running, backtracking is a pain when you can't move faster than walking speed.

That's pretty much it for now, I might come up with more suggestion when I've played the game some more. :)

Thanks a lot for making this game!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 01:39:50 pm by nackidno »

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Really loving the game so far
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 08:51:18 pm »
Hi nackidno. I'm glad you're having fun with the game. And thanks for the feedback :)