Underrail > General

Questions about dissipation rate of energy shield emitters

(1/1)

diggerzz:
Hi all,

I've got a couple of questions about shield emitters:

1. Is dissipation rate capped at 2.0%? What quality of shield capacitor can provide dissipation rate less than 2.0%, if any?

2. How much energy a shield drains per turn/5 second? Is there some formula to calculate it?
E.g. my current shield with capacity 500 and dissipation rate 2.0% seems to drain 2 energy every 5 second. How does it change with changing capacity and/or dissipation rate?

diggerzz:

--- Quote from: epeli on October 22, 2017, 11:27:09 am ---1. It seems that dissipation rate is capped at 2%, just checked.

2. Originally dissipation happened every turn and the number made more sense - a shield with 2% dissipation would lose 2% of its max shield/energy capacity every turn.
Nowadays the principle is still the same (n% dissipation means n% shield loss) but the dissipation happens much slower, over 5 turns. So divide the dissipation rate by 5 to get the dissipation per turn.

--- End quote ---
Got it, thank you very much!

--- Quote from: epeli on October 22, 2017, 11:27:09 am ---Are you sure you didn't mix up that shield with another? Unless you're playing an old alpha version that has the original fast shield dissipation, 100 energy capacity and 2% dissipation rate should come to mere 0.4 energy drain per turn.

--- End quote ---
I meant shield capacity (energy * conversion rate), so it's all right.
(2% of 500)/5=2 of shield capacity or 0.4 of energy capacity.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version