Author Topic: Psycho-temporal Contraction  (Read 1298 times)

Sseths Sex Slave

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Psycho-temporal Contraction
« on: September 02, 2020, 02:59:42 am »
Hey Hey People,

I think everyone would agree that Psycho-temporal Contraction in its current state needs to be nerfed.

With every build I spend 55 points in Temporal Manipulation, just to grab this buff with no downside and minimal investment. With the new update there is a 60% chance to recive the debuff at 55 TM which scales to 30% with 166 TM. The debuff is so strong that i would reload every time i got affected. So I asked myself do I now spend 100 points in TM or will i just reload the save twice as often.

In my opinion this nerf doesn't deal with the actual problem here, which is the lack of commitment. Its just annoying.

So my solution would be:

100% chance of debuff
-50 MP -25 AP 3 turns at 55 TM
-10 MP -5 AP 3 turns at 166 TM

new specialization for Psycho-temporal Acceleration:
5 Points: Further decrease MP penality by 2 and AP penality by 1
1 Point: Decrease debuff duration by 1 turn

Crows

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Re: Psycho-temporal Contraction
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2020, 09:50:29 pm »
I haven't thought too much about what the numbers should look like, but I definitely agree - I don't like randomness in something like a self-cast debuff. I'd rather have a 100% chance and maybe have a way to mitigate it instead of feeling like I got screwed by a roll of the dice.

I feel the same way about the Rapid Reloader, too - I'd rather have a set AP return.

Furion26

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2020, 01:31:39 am »
Its a healthy mechanic as long as you don't save scum.

kamax3

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2020, 03:44:12 am »
I agree with OP. RNG not great and could be reworked for end result that feels much better, and rewards specialization in TM much more.

AbramIsMyWaifu

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2020, 12:55:12 am »
Yeah hard agree, I have no idea why they'd nerf an already pretty supportive psi branch into even an even worse state. There's like two abilities you want out of temporal manipulation and they absolutely fucked one of them.