Author Topic: Bilocation and Neural Overload are wrongly marked as electricity attacks  (Read 5799 times)

chimaera

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Bilocation and Neural Overload are wrongly marked as electricity attacks
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2016, 10:10:34 am »
Electrokinesis is literally chucking a lightning bolt at someone. It's not a mental attack. Neural overload is directly overloading their neurones. Bilocation I can see as being confusing if you aren't aware that the doppleganger is an apparition attacking your brain.
And I would call both electrokinesis and neural overload mental attacks, because they both are made with your "mind powers". If you mean "mental attack" as an attack made to the nervous system, then that's my point - renaming it to mental/neural/whatever would make the distinction clear.

I have played the game only after it was released and never played early access, which means I knew very little about it. I started with a psi user, so electrokinesis and neural overload were quite clear from their description in-game, but I had problems figuring out what bilocation does, since I've missed the cave on the silent isle on the first trip. Audio and visual effects weren't that helpful either, if anything they made it more confusing.

Sanger

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2016, 10:34:52 am »
And I would call both electrokinesis and neural overload mental attacks, because they both are made with your "mind powers".

By mental attack I meant attack on the mind. Neural overload says it all on the tin - bilocation not so much, but perhaps the methodology of that power is intentionally obfuscated (by which I mean perhaps it's intentionally deceptive to the player as to what it's actually doing to you, like an illusion).

I have played the game only after it was released and never played early access

Same.

player1

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2016, 05:52:58 pm »
Stiyg,

Actually I do have problem with audio visual feedback. It is in no way clear enough.

Shadows do look like they are attacking player with electricity bolts (electricity icon flashes above damage) and not some mind trick.

Even psi bettle attack feels like attack of electricity and not mind trick due to icon feedback.

Heck I finished whole game playthrough and had no idea that galvanic armor did not protect me against these attacks, until someone pointed it at forums.

Elecricity icon = looks like lightning/thunder  attack.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 06:33:48 pm by player1 »