Author Topic: Power Management not managing well  (Read 2722 times)

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
Power Management not managing well
« on: December 04, 2014, 06:00:01 pm »
16. As epeli suggested, it reduces cost where it can be applied (such as weapons) or it increases capacity where former is not possible (energy shields).

As of 1.12.2 it does not apply to:
Taser
Sledgehammer
Combat knives

I'll update this thread if i find something else.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Power Management not managing well
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 01:37:44 pm »
It should increase their capacity. Is this not the case?

Anyways, I will probably tweak this feat a bit to have more predictable and impactful effect.

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 03:13:52 pm »
It is the case, but shouldn't those items get cost reduction instead?
I expected them to get cost reduction, because they have energy cost, but PM increased battery capacity instead.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 03:25:41 pm »
Yeah, I agree the implementation isn't consistent in all cases and I'll probably rework it.

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014, 04:01:15 pm »
That's great!
But please, don't make energy guns loose that cost reduction they currently get - they really need it.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2014, 11:14:08 am »
That's great!
But please, don't make energy guns loose that cost reduction they currently get - they really need it.

I'll also be looking into the ammo cost of energy weapons in relation to max capacity. It might have gone a bit too far, especially for plasma pistols.

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2014, 03:51:21 pm »
I've gathered some problems of Energy Weapons, i hope it will be helpful in reworking them.

Energy weapons problems when compared to guns:

Guns reload always to full. EW depend on battery used.

Reloading guns is lossless. Reloading EW may cause energy loss if battery has more energy than EW needs.

Reloading guns takes 15 AP but can be reduced to 4 with belt. Reloading EW takes 10 AP. *

Charon cost of firing guns is constant. Charon cost of firing EW raises with weapon (precisely - emitter) quality.

Guns have more shots per reload than EW. 9mm pistol has 25 AP cost and 12 bullets, while laser pistol has 22 AP cost and 7 shots per reload. Plasma pistols usually have 3 shots per reload, but i've seen instances with just two :O **

When crafting EW you need to consider additional factor - number of shots per reload.

Because EW use more and more energy when their quality grows you need to carry more and more batteries. ***

* And I very rarely need to reload guns mid combat. While EW constantly need reloading.

** With crafting (and Power Management) I was able to get laser pistol with 10 shots per reload. Which is still less than 9mm pistol.

*** There are Micro Fusion Cells with much better energy to weight ratio but I've yet to see an EW with 100 or more capacity.