Author Topic: [1.0.4.17] [minor] Jitter in Hopper Caves  (Read 1012 times)

Trashos

• Zoner
    • View Profile
[1.0.4.17] [minor] Jitter in Hopper Caves
« on: March 11, 2019, 02:49:50 am »
There is significant jitter in the hopper caves region*. Not sure if jitter is the correct word, it is like my computer has trouble refreshing the screen. Maybe someone might want to check if it a general problem or just mine.

Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce 830M.

*how to get there: From Crossroad Watch (where Jonas initially is) start walking towards Junkyard. After a few screens, you get to the region with a Sentry and some rocks to blow up. Blow up the rocks and you access a crawler region. Go through the crawler region and you reach the hopper caves region that I am talking about.

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
Re: [1.0.4.17] [minor] Jitter in Hopper Caves
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 04:08:06 am »
Was just there and noticed the same thing, like the frames weren't synced properly (and I have VSync set globally from the NVidia panel so it *should* in theory work in-game).  Titan X GPU.

Trashos

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Re: [1.0.4.17] [minor] Jitter in Hopper Caves
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 09:48:51 pm »
Well, if it is a pathfinding issue, I have more coming your way. Note sure this deserves its own thread, so here it comes:

On Silent Isle, there are problems with pathfinding, although of a different nature. In particular, let's say I am in front of the boat, and psi beetles and rathounds are attacking me. Some rathounds go west (towards the psi beetles) instead of coming straight at me, and some psi beetles go back and forth every turn. I am assuming these are pathfinding problems. These problems did not exist in earlier versions of the game (before the summer, when I had last played it).

I have noticed the above behavior repeatedly in two successive playthroughs. This is not such a major problem of course, but here is hoping that pathfinding will be fixed.