Author Topic: I hate you all [major spoilers]  (Read 37360 times)

Megaost

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Re: I hate you all [major spoilers]
« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2020, 01:47:15 am »
While I'm at it, does anybody have a clear picture of what happens in core city with the damn oligarchy warehouse missions?  I know Ola from JKK has some role in it. 

I did the JKK questline yesterday, and while chasing down Cornell, I passed by a smoking corpse in the sewers.  It was the guy from the coretech questline who you chase down in drop zone, the one who stole the ICDP or whatever it's called (he says Ola hired him if you question him right).

It's been a long time since I played it and I tried to gather it all at one point, but can't remember. After glancing at the wiki though, this is my surface-level theory of what happened (in the warehouse missions only):

JKK has hired mercenaries to infiltrate a Coretech warehouse. The JKK spin is that you need to help them disable the security system to "rescue hostages". Praetorian security will ask you to clear the warehouse of said mercenaries after the Coretech people were killed, and Coretech will ask you to defend it from the mercenaries.

Whether or not Praetorian and JKK is working together on this in order to get something (maybe thinking that the cube is held here initially?) is not clear to me.

EDIT: Just checked in-game. Jon the bae confirms that JKK were the ones that "most likely" hired the mercs. He suggests that they were looking for something important in that warehouse. Hmmm, what could that be? ;)

If Kokoschka is from Serbia and Gunnar from Norway, there's no real-world hypothesis to be drawn for Underrail to be in Europe.
OTOH if Underrail is in North America, it makes sense.

Extremely nitpicky here, but Mr. Edstrom is definitely Swedish, not Norwegian. Names ending in -strom (forums won't let me use umlaut or magical scandi letters) are almost always Swedish. Furthermore, his portrait makes him look Swedish (a Norwegian can spot the difference).
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 08:19:33 pm by Megaost »

mephisto

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Re: I hate you all [major spoilers]
« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2020, 02:12:22 am »
honestly i remember learned everything the game could tell me, i'm bad at explaining though.
but at least everything, except some of the real mystery that deliberately kept secret by the dev (probably for the sequel) are explained, i think i learned most of the lore after i joined the Oculites IIRC.
as for the Cube, don't waste your time finding out about it, it's just a McGuffin, probably one of the things the dev saved for the sequel.