Author Topic: Characters with 200 psi  (Read 1223 times)

Terminus Est

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Characters with 200 psi
« on: March 04, 2020, 03:55:57 pm »
I've been having a blast with Underrail, can't believe I didn't pick this game up sooner. It's a proper old-school isometric cRPG, and I love the original Fallout vibes.

I've noticed that some NPCs have blatantly illegal psi stats. For example, Ethan has a psi pool of 200 and a regen of +35, while the Stygian Exorcist from the arena has a pool of 200 and a ridiculous regen of +45. There are probably others, but those are the two that I've seen so far. As far as I can tell, the PC can have a max of 135 (and that's after putting all their specialization points into the feat that increases max psi, Tranquility or Meditation), and a max regen of +25 (and that's with intelligence and will both at 20).

I find the fact that I can't get my psi stats to these levels somewhat upsetting and would like to rectify that. I've tried editing the max psi points from Cheat Engine but since psi is a derived stat the game resets my changes. I can't change the regen since because it's a constant value I can't use CE to find its address. Anyone know how to permanently edit these values on my character?

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
Re: Characters with 200 psi
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2020, 05:09:00 pm »
You can get your psi pool up to 155 with Meditation, Neurology, and Philosophy III, and your base regen up to 24 with 18 Will, 10 Int, and Mantra, so you can get as close as you could ever need, without cheating.  If you add in your various buffs, you can end up with regen near 30 as well as psi cost reduction exceeding 60%, so there's really no need to worry about what their numbers are - yours are better.

brobotics

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Characters with 200 psi
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2020, 03:01:27 am »
The psi numbers on NPCs seem somewhat arbitrary and, from what I can gather, are mostly there for lore comparisons. I don't want to spoil anything by naming specific characters, but just pay attention to psi regen on important NPCs and you will begin to see a pattern emerge.

Like Gortsby said, psi characters are quite powerful without any modding... buuuuut there are consumables and items you can equip that affect psi regen - would that let you find its address? I've only ever done the CE tutorial  :P