Author Topic: In search of sneaky crossbow/traps builds  (Read 5372 times)

FouR_xFearlessX

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
In search of sneaky crossbow/traps builds
« on: June 28, 2020, 05:52:28 am »
Hey everyone, I just finished my first run through of the game using a SMG build and was looking to try something new. I was thinking of something along the lines of a sneaky trapper build with crossbows as my primary weapon but I have no idea where to start. Any suggestions/builds are appreciated!

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
Re: In search of sneaky crossbow/traps builds
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2020, 08:00:22 am »
If you go back to page 4 (as of the time you posted this) there's a stealth + traps + crossbow build post by Kiruha that sounds like it might be just what you're looking for.  Typical builds would have Snipe, but that post shows a valid alternative build.

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2020, 01:08:30 pm »

I've recently seen the light of Hit and Run, however.  Not sure where I'd put it or what I'd take out, but Concussive Shots isn't a great feat.
Feats aren't in order.
*eurobeat intensifies*

Geomir

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2020, 12:39:11 pm »
New player here. I would like to enjoy this indie gem even if my free time is very limited.

@harperfan7

Thank you for posting this screenshot. This was exactly what I was searching for. A pure crossbow stealth build ("pure" here means no grenades or psi). With this build can someone craft and repair all the basics he is going to need, right? That's why all these points under "Technology"?

Also - if possible - could you kindly post this build at 1st level (and maybe at 10 level)?

cypherusuh

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2020, 12:29:32 pm »
New player here. I would like to enjoy this indie gem even if my free time is very limited.

@harperfan7

Thank you for posting this screenshot. This was exactly what I was searching for. A pure crossbow stealth build ("pure" here means no grenades or psi). With this build can someone craft and repair all the basics he is going to need, right? That's why all these points under "Technology"?

Also - if possible - could you kindly post this build at 1st level (and maybe at 10 level)?
not OP, but the general leveling is :
1. max your main weapon skill
2. pump hacking and lockpicking max early on, so you don't have to backtrack if you found locked anything
3. get 15 persuasion and merchantile if your character has it. there's multiple skill check which involves that very early in the game
4. you could get away with 0 crafting skills until you cleared 2nd town quest. but if you do want to craft, mechanic and tailoring early is good
5. early trap is amazing for 2nd town quest, but not necessary as long as you quicksave every 5-10 step