Author Topic: Milk  (Read 1524 times)

Bruno

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Milk
« on: January 30, 2019, 10:29:03 am »
There is a new food: Bacon and Cheese sandwich. Yumm!

But where do they get the milk to make cheese from?

Tygrende

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Milk
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 12:15:39 pm »
Pigs can be milked, you can see pigs being kept in a lot of settlements across Underrail, Foundry being the best example. They are much harder to milk than cows are, produce much less milk and supposedly it doesn't taste very good, but I think it would realistically be a viable option if there are no other alternatives.

Sykar

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 01:31:12 pm »
Pigs can be milked, you can see pigs being kept in a lot of settlements across Underrail, Foundry being the best example. They are much harder to milk than cows are, produce much less milk and supposedly it doesn't taste very good, but I think it would realistically be a viable option if there are no other alternatives.

It is rathound milk for sure!  :D

Bruno

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2019, 07:24:27 pm »
Okay then we need a new feat: Pig Milker

If you have empty bottles in your inventory, you can milk a pig that has been stunned or incapacitated. Alternatively, you can sneak up on a pig in stealth and use the pickpocket skill to milk it.

jubisloviu

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2019, 01:12:25 pm »
If almond "milk" is a thing, i wouldn't doubt there'd be some sort of mushroom that can be processed for milk in the same way.

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2019, 05:03:37 pm »
If almond "milk" is a thing, i wouldn't doubt there'd be some sort of mushroom that can be processed for milk in the same way.
Not that real world rules should overwrite good game lore, but there's no way we know of to make fungus-based plant milks.  They're just so different from other plant types that the normal process of blend&squeeze (or even soak, blend, and squeeze) doesn't work.  On the other hand, there are poppies.  Surely poppy milk wouldn't have any negative side effects; maybe that's an avenue to explore.