Off Topic > Discussions

Drones or Cans?

(1/4) > >>

AnarchyIsFun:
I say Drones and if you are a can you are probably a statist.

TΛPETRVE:
You definitely need to play both questlines, though. The bait-and-switch is glorious.

Tygrende:

--- Quote from: AnarchyIsFun on January 30, 2016, 07:04:48 am ---if you are a can you are probably a statist.

--- End quote ---
Nope, I just don't find the idea of letting a small community die to bandits very appealing.

There is not single instance of Drones actually helping anyone but themselves. They would rather see people killed/eaten by bandits or kill civilians than any kind of unification, even if said unification saves lives.

There's anarchism, and then there's fanaticism.

TΛPETRVE:
And so does Protectorate. Don't forget that they are literally Nazis; Underrail is nothing but a big ant farm for them, and the populace is fodder to exploit. They have a good PR agency, and there are folks in their ranks who have genuinely good intentions, but those are only serving as unwitting pawns for the BioCorp remnants who are pulling the strings.

Also, the Drones are most certainly not flawless; while Trenton has a clear set of ideals, he's in way over his head when it comes to keeping the others in check (which of course is always a bit of an issue in a system that is supposed to have no stipulated authority :D ). And it's quite safe to assume that Alvin Bate, being a Protectorate spy, is deliberately recruiting gangbangers and other idiots into the ranks of the Drones to morally bankrupt them.

Tygrende:

--- Quote from: TΛPETRVE on January 30, 2016, 03:41:22 pm ---Don't forget that they are literally Nazis;

--- End quote ---
Last I checked they were not trying to push any supremacy agendas (Fraser being the only one that openly hates southerners, while everyone in charge doesn't care as long as you get the job done) or make concentration camps for them.

But they do protect small stations from bandits, give away food to the poor at Junkyard and made North Underrail into a bandit-free land where people don't face a possiblity of death everyday and have enough time to care about hygiene. The only questionable things they did are the orders to kill civilians given by a few assholes, and if you do things right you can make them investigate the matter. Gasing the drones was not questionable at all since you don't negotiate with terrorists that support bandits, kill civilians and do chemical attacks on a regular basis.

They are expansionist that's for sure, but I'd rather take a mix of bad/good than all bad.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version