Author Topic: [Experimental]Possible save corruption bug.  (Read 820 times)

perry

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
[Experimental]Possible save corruption bug.
« on: February 18, 2022, 12:58:39 pm »
Hello, for some unknown reason all my previous save files have become invalid as of today.  I should also mention that this character and save file has been created while running the game under Proton, however I'm reasonably certain that might have something to do with the  issue since I've installed the game under Windows (on actual hardware) and I've noticed that any saves created under proton wouldn't run on Widows, but it would work the other way around for some reason...
Obviously since this bug is proton/wine related it's uncertain whether or not it's actually even fixable by the developers, however I believe it might be worth looking in to due to the release of the steam deck and what not.

I've attached a drive link(as it wouldn't fit as an attachment) to one of them as an example.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WuEBms3OaVhO-t9V6Y7yEUwjSWAuJMl0/view?usp=sharing

perry

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: [Experimental]Possible save corruption bug.
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2022, 01:35:41 pm »
After doing more testing, I've noticed that any save file created under proton will only run under that specific version of proton. Does the game store save relevant data anywhere but %userprofile%/Documents/My Games/Underrail? If so the bug was probably caused by valve updating the experimental branch of proton, and wiping whatever data was critical to my save loading.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: [Experimental]Possible save corruption bug.
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2022, 01:13:12 pm »
I've noticed there was a glitch with Proton a few days back as well, but I think it's fixed now. Can you load your saves now?