Author Topic: Skill caps?  (Read 8773 times)

Phoenix7786

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Skill caps?
« on: September 24, 2016, 06:30:26 am »
Heya all. I've started playing this again and I was curious what the skill cap for a skill is? If there is no cap, what's an effective cap when it's no longer necessary to invest in a skill?

Darthgrey

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Re: Skill caps?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 11:24:40 am »
Each skill cap depends on how you spent your base abilities and skills you are leveling. For example my character with high agility had 331 stealth (without cloaking device) and char without high agility will never have such high stealth level.

~120 for hacking and lockpicking. With haxkey you will have 135 points, more than enough to open all closed containers and doors in the game and to hack all the computers

~90 for traps, maybe less

~160-165 for crafting skills if you're lucky enough to get high quality components and maybe even more for perfect infused ancient rathound leather, up to ~200 tailoring.

For stealth - the higher - the better if you are usung snipe and ~ 215-250 for critical chance 100% if you're using ambush. Still the more the better if you want to remain in stealth mode right in front of  faceless gaunt or crawler.

reinhark

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 12:53:21 pm »
actual limit is known to be in ... 3000ish.
Self-proclaimed great cheater. Frequent game breaker. Liberator of limitations.

Phoenix7786

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2016, 06:12:07 pm »
Ahh thanks. How high do my weapon and defensive skills have to be before they're just overkill?

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2016, 07:40:05 pm »
Ahh thanks. How high do my weapon and defensive skills have to be before they're just overkill?

Since chance to hit is based on ratio of attack skill to dodge/evasion i dont think you can get too much of those.

With 200 in guns i was doing pretty well with pistolero and considering that pistols are comparatively weak and i wasn't using best of them (firearms) you should not need more than 200 in any attack skill.