Author Topic: metal gloves  (Read 567 times)

Tytyger

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
metal gloves
« on: January 30, 2022, 10:21:25 am »
i am currently doing my first glove run and i am thought myself using metal gloves.Its thematic for my metal armor and everyone keep telling that they suck.Surprisingly, they are.And there two reasons probably why.
1.Damage
Here 2 pictures:difference in damage is 4-5 times, same with enhacement for only one ap difference.You can agrue that glove is light weapon, so lets imagine i have 15 dex and now each swing cost 12 ap, which dont change situation much.What about feats they sure help get with situation.Combo and wrestling both benefit from more hits you do so they dont synergise with metal glove.May be metal glove is good on high dt enemies?No, you still better off using anything but gloves against robots, riot gear, metal armor.

2.Fist weapon choice
Like i wrote before, all what metal gloves are good for, other options do better:combo and wrestling is better on fists, leather gloves provide more pneumatic and discharger procs.And im not even considering that fist with two unconditional damage feats deal more raw damage than metal glove at maximum strenght.

3.What to change?
First of all i think it needs damage buff.In any form:stronger enhancements, raw damage,cripple strike and heavy punch damage mod
Second it can have defensive properties since metal glove cover your precious hands:better guard feat while wearing, crit reduction, extra dt.
Third synergy with feats, like i wrote above, or like combo hit have higher chance to stun or bonus in wrestling depending on difference in strenght

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: metal gloves
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2022, 09:44:24 pm »
Bare fists need nerfed for one.  They're retarded strong and have no right to be. 
*eurobeat intensifies*