Author Topic: Is my build hopeless? (minor spoilers)  (Read 10404 times)

Anuovis

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Is my build hopeless? (minor spoilers)
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2016, 06:03:00 am »
Thank you for the replies.
It's not that I can explain most of my choices, I just go with the intuition and draw upon very limited understand of the game mechanics. I'll tweak this a little and see how it goes.

Ramen_os

• Zoner
    • View Profile
    • Ramenos
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2016, 02:01:42 pm »
If you have been hostile with the Faceless and you are not good at stealth, the end of the game is practically impossible with a full Crossbow build (I had to abandon my game at 97% of the game)...  :'(

Yonaiker

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2016, 11:49:34 pm »
My only issue with crossbows is which they lack their own kind of "Expose Weakness" feat or some kind of armor-piercing bolt, and many DC creatures have high resistances (shroomlings, tchortling devourers, industrial bots) the only way to get the unique AP bolt that penetrates armor is having high Biology and Chemistry and endure those pesky Deep Worms, I would like to try a pure normal bolt run with Concussive Shots but high armor is the main issue.

Anuovis

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2016, 04:44:49 pm »
Well, I restarted the game with more or less this recommended build.

Compared to my previous crossbow character, it feels at least twice as powerful. I realized that crossbows have insane AP costs compared to firearms.
I could fire 2, maybe 3 bolts previously. Now I can fire at least 3 SMG bursts with my 5 mm gun and even if some of the bullets miss, it's not that big of a deal.
The damage output is way better and I felt more comfortable in combat situations since the very beginning. The Expertise feat is wonderful and I also get AP
discounts for raising dexterity.

There are no penalties for moving and shooting or standing right next to an enemy. Bullets are lighter and even feel more common so far, I can buy or steal
plenty of them everywhere. Special bullets are more rare but I try co conserve ammunition anyway. Special crossbow bolts were a pain in the ass.

I wouldn't say crossbows suck or anything, they are probably very interesting and fun to use if you know how and pick the right feats. But guns are just amazing.
Anyway, thanks for all the advice, made the game way more enjoyable.

NEvercalled

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2016, 01:51:44 am »
If you have been hostile with the Faceless and you are not good at stealth, the end of the game is practically impossible with a full Crossbow build (I had to abandon my game at 97% of the game)...  :'(

nah u just have to use traps if u know more less maps.

And of coz depends on your build full heavy armor can do it easily even with 7 str.
otherwise u are stealth char most possibly - and full crossbow is a stealth.