Author Topic: Revamp option for cheaters and casual gamers  (Read 1732 times)

RailNomad

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Revamp option for cheaters and casual gamers
« on: December 25, 2015, 11:37:34 am »
I like the hardcore difficulity of this game, but frankly, when trying a new build and after discovering that you picked up some useless feat or put skill points into some useless attributes, going through those outpost quests again and again is simply tedious. This game doesn't offer that much freedom in the first phases that adventuring would keep up interest in trying out (and failing) different builds, so what I'm suggesting is that either
-Add a once-in-a-game opportunity to revamp yuor character after returning from the Junkyard, as you probably know by then what you've done wrong in the character build.
OR
-Add a semi-hidden cheat menu that allows you to alter your character build, but not to make it too powerful so that you can't gain levels or acquire extra equipment. Using this could have a slight punishment for the player like changing your profile picture into something goofy, so that hardcore players still feel better people for not cheating. :)

ShadowRun

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Revamp option for cheaters and casual gamers
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 01:16:38 pm »
-Add a once-in-a-game opportunity to revamp yuor character after returning from the Junkyard, as you probably know by then what you've done wrong in the character build.
Definitely. I think it would be best as a "once per playthrough" done as a "Neural imprinting" inventory item awarded from a quest. That way when importing your old character into a replay, you could do that quest, right-click to activate the Mentor and be taken to the level-up screen to reallocate points / skills / feats.

To flavour it more as an Easter-egg, it could be triggered via the Games entry in Evelyn's personal laptop, since chargen happens at the start of Play Underrail.

Cbert

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Revamp option for cheaters and casual gamers
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 05:43:59 am »
To flavour it more as an Easter-egg, it could be triggered via the Games entry in Evelyn's personal laptop, since chargen happens at the start of Play Underrail.
+1 It would be cool. But I think this feature needs more recursion dialogue to go through, too actually get this option to get back all XP and with that to go to first character level.
This could actually really help. :)