Author Topic: Core City protectorate warehouse...is this a bug?  (Read 1967 times)

Hal900x

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Core City protectorate warehouse...is this a bug?
« on: April 09, 2016, 05:10:15 am »
Hi all. Couple things about the steal shield emitters quest in Core City. One, a bug: when combat starts in there, I get an eternal hourglass and have to restart the game. That only happens every 1 in 3 times. The real issue is that as soon as a cross the threshold of storage #2, combat starts. I can enter other units as long as I'm not seen. I have tried it 5 times now and confirmed nobody saw me. No conversation is shown, and nobody is anywhere near me at the time. Is there something I'm missing, or is this a buggy area?

Hal900x

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Core City protectorate warehouse...is this a bug?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2016, 08:40:42 pm »
I figured it out, but I'm still not sure if it's a bug or intended. It's because I am opening the door, hiding again, then attempting to enter. The game does not allow you to do this. You have to unlock and immediately enter, take it from there.

Taggart

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Core City protectorate warehouse...is this a bug?
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2016, 11:08:55 pm »
I figured it out, but I'm still not sure if it's a bug or intended. It's because I am opening the door, hiding again, then attempting to enter. The game does not allow you to do this. You have to unlock and immediately enter, take it from there.

Hmm that is interesting.

Both playthrus where I did that quest - I stealthed it - no aggro - no kills.

I had opened all the doors; and for most of the storage 'garages' I entered more than once after opening them - because I used them to skirt back and forth while keeping out of sight.

Wonder if we did something differently..  (if I can find a save not long before doing it I may try again and keep an eye specifically on #2..)