Author Topic: Max quality on Aluminized cloth  (Read 3052 times)

Hal900x

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Max quality on Aluminized cloth
« on: April 24, 2016, 06:24:54 pm »
After many many vendor restocks, it seems the max is around 90, contrasting with other cloth types that seem to cap at about 130. Am I on track or just a really, really long streak of bad RNG. I'm talking 20 refreshes or so, of every vendor in the game prior to DC, my level is 23.

X41823T

• Zoner
  • Psionic scientist
    • View Profile
Re: Max quality on Aluminized cloth
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 07:20:05 pm »
Greetings

From personal experience I've never managed to find anything BEFORE hoppin' into the DP above the quality of 140, however once you're in the DP there are several places where there are high quality components (randomized) that goes well beyond 140.

I like to believe based on 7 playthroughs of the entire game that you'll not find any crafting components above 140 prior entering the DP, although I will admit that I did manage to get my hands on a plasma core of 144 which I bought from the Tchort investigation department but that probably was a 'once off' when you consider that when merchants 'refresh' their inventory then it's completely random what will be up for purchase.
Who knows maybe if you keep going them 'silvery circles' Core city, Oculus and the Tchort institute for 100 times aka 60-90 minutes a full round of 'refreshing' then perhaps you'll be able to get aluminum cloth at 130+ although I personally think that managing 120+ is easily going to get you through the DP alive, if not even a lower 'standard' of quality values like 100.

On the other hand you could wait to craft your 'final get-up' till you've at least looted the spots with the high quality components in the DP, I for one like to think that the secret spot there is in the 'shroom kingdom' will always give off 2 x random high quality rolls of cloth of 140-160, been a while since I went there but I do believe it was 160 every time but I could be wrong.

Lastly aluminum cloth isn't 'too important' to get the highest quality for, after all you'll become immune to "burning your feet" even if that roll of aluminum cloth was at quality 1, beyond that it's merely a question of resistance towards 'fiery' sources aka incendiary bolts, incendiary grenades, PSI powers or plasma projectiles.
"We don't have to dream that we're important" ~ Robert House, CEO of RobCo.

Hal900x

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 09:56:37 pm »
I don't know what "DP" stands for, but don't give me any spoilers if it's something I have yet to discover. Perhaps you mean somewhere in Deep Caverns? I JUST set foot in DC for the first time, and find myself concerned that I won't be able to get back to my workshop to finish my endgame gear. I know there are a couple of elevators in the early game, I'm hoping those will be active for trips back to the surface.

X41823T

• Zoner
  • Psionic scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 08:06:43 am »
I do refer the deep caverns as the "DP" indeed and sorry for 'breaking it' to you but you will NOT be able to get out of the DP until your 'business' there has been concluded.
For what it's worth, you'll be able to continue playing after leaving the DP though.

Good luck.
"We don't have to dream that we're important" ~ Robert House, CEO of RobCo.

Hal900x

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 07:41:02 pm »
I do refer the deep caverns as the "DP" indeed and sorry for 'breaking it' to you but you will NOT be able to get out of the DP until your 'business' there has been concluded.
For what it's worth, you'll be able to continue playing after leaving the DP though.

Good luck.

Well that's unfortunate. The faceless commander told me I just needed to activate the power station to get an elevator back up. "Just" being a pretty tough run, ofc.

reinhark

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 09:23:43 pm »

Good luck.

Well that's unfortunate. The faceless commander told me I just needed to activate the power station to get an elevator back up. "Just" being a pretty tough run, ofc.

Well, I guess he didn't lie. But I think I vaguely remember him saying that you need to press "power on" button somewhere...
Of course, I can't tell you where it is because spoilers.
Self-proclaimed great cheater. Frequent game breaker. Liberator of limitations.

Hal900x

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2016, 10:43:10 pm »

Good luck.

Well, I guess he didn't lie. But I think I vaguely remember him saying that you need to press "power on" button somewhere...
Of course, I can't tell you where it is because spoilers.

I actually glanced at the spoilers. I squinted! So as not to reveal any more than I was specifically looking for. It sounds like it's a lot more involved than simply running through the power station area. Which is a huge bummer, because I had saved all my very best mats, in particular super steel fiber, in hopes of combining it with an Ancient Rathound skin. However, there is no way I can do that without the bonus of my workbenches at home. Soooo kinda screwed. I'll probably reload prior to the elevator down, redo my crafting skills and hope for the best. Very frustrating that bit about no longer having access to the workbenches, but the entire Deep Caverns filled with new and high-requirement mats.