Author Topic: Game crash upon 'New Game.'  (Read 10335 times)

Scottvrakis

Game crash upon 'New Game.'
« on: September 20, 2012, 02:37:48 am »
Hello. I downloaded the game and ran the setup.exe file. I then played it and click Start New Game. The music would continue but the game menu would freeze and become unresponsive. I downloaded and installed the newest transition crash patch as-well. No dice. What can I do?

Note: Some reason I cannot run it as Administrator. Not on my R-Lick Options..

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Game crash upon 'New Game.'
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 09:25:57 am »
Hi.

Here's how you set up the game to run as admin. I'll assume you're running Windows 7, so let me know if your running something else:

- right-click on the "Underrail Alpha Demo" shortcut on your desktop and choose Properties
- go to the "Compatibility" tab
- near the bottom there's "Privilege Level" section with an "Run this program as an administartor" option. Make sure that option is checked
- Click OK
- Run the game by using the shortcut on your desktop

Let me know if it worked for you.

Scottvrakis

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 04:34:36 am »
It Worked! I thank you kind sir!

Edit: Well.. Kinda.. The game becomes Unresponsive now. And wont return to stability..

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 10:43:04 pm »
When exactly the game becomes unresponsive?

ReinbachThe3rd

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 03:15:50 pm »
I'm having the exact same problem, except that I'm using Windows Vista instead of Windows 7. Do you have any solutions for me?

x11

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2012, 02:42:27 pm »
I'm having the exact same problem, except that I'm using Windows Vista instead of Windows 7. Do you have any solutions for me?

Doesn't Vista has essentially the same privilege system? Did you try the solution in the second post?

ReinbachThe3rd

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2012, 05:16:11 pm »

Doesn't Vista has essentially the same privilege system? Did you try the solution in the second post?
Yes, otherwise I wouldn't be posting here. I've been able to access the properties, but my problem is that it won't allow me to activate the running of Underrail in administrative mode

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2012, 01:33:16 pm »

Yes, otherwise I wouldn't be posting here. I've been able to access the properties, but my problem is that it won't allow me to activate the running of Underrail in administrative mode

Hi.

What exactly do you mean it won't allow you? Do you mean it doesn't allow you to check 'Run this program as an administartor' property?

ReinbachThe3rd

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2012, 02:50:13 am »

Hi.

What exactly do you mean it won't allow you? Do you mean it doesn't allow you to check 'Run this program as an administartor' property?
Yes, that's exactly what I mean.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2012, 10:06:51 am »

Hi.

Yes, that's exactly what I mean.

Are you logged on as an administrator on that machine?

JeffTheShark

• Zoner
  • I just came here to read homestuck and honestly
    • View Profile
    • Something pretentious
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2012, 09:35:08 pm »
(i hope this isn't necro...) but i have this problem, but when i open properties and go to the bottom and click 'advanced' (im on vista) the check box for 'run as admin' is greyed out and i cant do anything about it. and when the other person asked, you didn't give an answer, so tell me one?
Words, I don't know.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2012, 10:01:42 pm »
(i hope this isn't necro...) but i have this problem, but when i open properties and go to the bottom and click 'advanced' (im on vista) the check box for 'run as admin' is greyed out and i cant do anything about it. and when the other person asked, you didn't give an answer, so tell me one?

Are you logged on as an administrator on that machine?

JeffTheShark

• Zoner
  • I just came here to read homestuck and honestly
    • View Profile
    • Something pretentious
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2012, 10:50:57 pm »
what? no? i don't know? i cant log in as administator, i can only request elevation for specific actions such as R-click 'run as admin' or trying to create a file 'you need admin access to do this' and clicking continue. but i cant do either of those, OR using proporties

EDIT: yes, my computer profile IS in admin, but i still get the hangup on new game, so i dont know how to fix.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 01:22:45 am by joeymax23 »
Words, I don't know.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2012, 02:24:05 pm »
Could you try to disable UAC: http://www.petri.co.il/disable_uac_in_windows_vista.htm?

Try method #4. It's the most conventional.

wazupwolf

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2012, 07:21:53 am »
So i just made an account to try to assist with this issue for vista, i spent atleast two hours tinkering with this and then i found that if you go into "Program files" and find "stygian Software" then click "Underrail Alpha Demo" then right click "underrail" and it will let you run as administrator without a problem. i tested this myself and was able to get past the main screen