Author Topic: Character sheet displays wrong effective skill values on level up  (Read 124 times)

Phr3ak

• Zoner
    • View Profile
I'm about to gain enough XP for level 12, and my hacking and lockpicking are on the first screenshot. I gain the remaining XP, open the character sheet, and effective values of these two skills are displayed as 70 (second screenshot). The game continues to use the correct (old) values though (judging by haxxor/lockpick descriptions and results of skill checks).

Phr3ak

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Re: Character sheet displays wrong effective skill values on level up
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2024, 03:53:00 am »
This bug continues to manifest itself: my lockpicking on 13th and 14th level ups jumped to a higher-than-correct value in the character sheet. I think it's clear that the bug is synergy-related, but I haven't tried to deduce the specifics.

Phr3ak

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Re: Character sheet displays wrong effective skill values on level up
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2024, 08:29:39 am »
I failed to realize that after I gain enough XP the character sheet simply applies synergies for the pending level up. So this is not a bug, but a feature, and the values I see are simply what I'd get if I applied the level up right now.

The only (minor) practical issues with this behavior is that for some skills there is no direct way to learn their current effective values if you have a level up pending, and the overall confusion of having two subtly different modes for the character sheet (the normal mode and the level up mode).