Author Topic: Where can I find different collectors for the blob pistols?  (Read 1414 times)

cowboy curtis

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Where can I find different collectors for the blob pistols?
« on: April 22, 2020, 03:06:43 pm »
I'm around level 12 and I haven't found any vendors that sell incendiary or cryogenic collectors. Are they really rare or do they show up later?

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
Re: Where can I find different collectors for the blob pistols?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2020, 07:17:44 pm »
Both.  You can luck into finding one pre-Depot, but it's just luck.  Getting some Mercantile to unlock merchant inventories will help, post-Depot, since you'll have access to several merchants with extra inventory; also, the world will progress and merchant inventories will improve.  I know I've found them on Fixer, in Junkyard, as well as the merchants in Core City and Foundry; I'm fairly sure you can get them in IoT and Fort Apogee as well.

But basically, the incendiary and cryo collectors are fairly rare, and you'll need a little luck, a little patience, or both in order to find them.

DerivativeZero

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2020, 11:23:45 pm »
I think Travis in Rail Crossing sells incendiary collectors (always), and I also think the mutant map in Core City where the Cryo Orb mentor is has a cryogenic collector fixed. In both cases, I found these two places to carry them consistently. The vendor in SGS updates later also to different types.

cowboy curtis

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2020, 01:32:01 pm »
I think Travis in Rail Crossing sells incendiary collectors (always), and I also think the mutant map in Core City where the Cryo Orb mentor is has a cryogenic collector fixed. In both cases, I found these two places to carry them consistently. The vendor in SGS updates later also to different types.

Thank you! I finally found one after checking again.

Also, does anyone know if the XAL-001 causes self entanglement?

DerivativeZero

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2020, 03:05:48 pm »

Yes, and acidic damage. You'll need Escape Artist for entanglement and 100% acid resistance to use XAL, but if you build for it the thing is INSANE (high DEX, high crit, advanced belt, and it comes out to about 6000 damage a hasted round). 100% acid resistance can be reached with CAU armor and infused tabis that mitigate acid.

cowboy curtis

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2020, 04:12:53 pm »

Yes, and acidic damage. You'll need Escape Artist for entanglement and 100% acid resistance to use XAL, but if you build for it the thing is INSANE (high DEX, high crit, advanced belt, and it comes out to about 6000 damage a hasted round). 100% acid resistance can be reached with CAU armor and infused tabis that mitigate acid.

Dang, the CAU seems really powerful with XAL. Wondering if it's even worth crafting my own riot armor then..

Does Opportunist apply to you if XAL entangles as well?

DerivativeZero

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2020, 10:32:01 am »
Normal acid gun has better entanglement damage for enemies and is totally viable too on all difficulties. So you don't have to build around XAL. One thing about XAL is it is vial hungry, you empty your magazine each round. It also is IMHO so superior that all other chem weapons just become unnecessary, which is a pity. Cryo weapon is quite weak in any case (freezing too unreliable, damage to easily resisted especially compared to acid), fire weapon can be good for the fear and DOT, but is also often resisted.

If for roleplaying reasons you want to craft your own armor, run with it.

PS: I think opportunist might trigger onyourself as well, but even if not, XAL damage to you requires 100% acid resist to be viable. You do want opportunist for your normal and XAL acid gun though.