Author Topic: New Core City Questline  (Read 1937 times)

Luna

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
New Core City Questline
« on: March 02, 2022, 11:55:59 am »
So I managed to find the "new core city questline" with Phreak and accidentally electrocuted myself a dozen times getting access to him (we're not gonna talk about how long the phone puzzles took me). After doing all his stuff he's told me to come back 'later' for more crunch but after doing a few sidequests and other goals he still hasn't got any new work for me. Is this where the questline ends for now? Feels pretty not-worth considering that the normal Oligarch quests get you paid a lot more and give you a house, and while Phreak is really cool you don't even get to see the products of what you're helping him do. The normal Oligarch paths still seem available as I tried joining JKK and the game let me, but won't this end up putting me in conflict with Phreak if I do the whole questline?

Easy

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: New Core City Questline
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2022, 05:57:20 pm »
Guessing you may need to progress farther in the arena. Also, it seems like you might be able to do Phreak's questline even if you do an oligarch questline, since he has that laptop you can pick the questline up from if he isn't there.

That said, I'm also having issues with this questline. Picked it up, did the initial tasks of trying out the fake metro tickets and getting the cables from the Acid Hunters, then did the Coretech line. After that, Phreak moved to Coretech and doesn't want to talk anymore, I re-picked up the questline from his laptop, got the control box and power source from the Upper Underrail hideouts, but got no additional dialogue options for interacting with the power grid. Guessing there is some random thing I'm missing, but having trouble figuring out what that is.

Luna

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: New Core City Questline
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2022, 07:21:47 pm »
I'm already Invictus XD
Questline might also just be a little buggy since it is new and involves outcomes from a few other potential questlines. I got the control box and power source before doing any Oligarch questline and while Phreak accepted it and said his plan was coming together there doesn't seem to be anything more after that.