Author Topic: To late to ask for features?  (Read 1767 times)

Volgair

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
To late to ask for features?
« on: December 15, 2014, 12:37:19 pm »
If so then feel free to shoot me down, I have a thick skin. If not, then a companion/pet to fill in where you are weak.

Examples;
A sensor/EOD/black ops non combat drone. ("Run away little fella, I'm gonna to need you later to find out why these guys were willing to die, to keep me away from that safe.")

A piecemeal salvaged turret bot. (Immune to poison, good at wasting ammo, but its got your back.)

An armored Rathound or Railwolf complete with doggie backpack. (Can smell explosives, carry gear, and chew faces off. What is not to love about mans best post apocalyptic buddy?)

A Robo-Wastehound. (Just as good as a regular waste hound but you don't have to feel as bad when fido catches hot sniper lead with his face.)

Should be mortal and require significant investment for both stat points and currency to be effective. I know this is a tall order, but this would allow for challenges to be more demanding to specific access difficulty skills. Also would allow for viability of a greater range of non-conventional builds, with no need for investment of dev time to create lore behind them, you have the models and mechanics needed already, you would just have to adapt them for players to interact with them in a new way.

I wont hold my breath, but it would still be neat to see.

Elhazzared

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: To late to ask for features?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 03:10:04 pm »
What do you mean with "you don't have to feel sad when fido catches hot lead to his face." If anything that is the one that would make me sader, that and the drone. :P

On a more serious note, I am of two minds about this. On one side I think it could be cool for the people who like companions in RPGs, on the other hand, people like me who don't like using companions and in fact thing of them as nothing more mules it's not a tangible benefict if you take in mind that content is being made purposefully harder because you are supposed to have a companion helping you out... Course, if you were to say that the combat drone is non combat, non targetable (by enemies) and gives you some sort of boost only to make it up for not fighting then yeah, sure!

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 08:39:28 am »
You can always suggest things, there's no harm in that, but don't expect any sweeping changes to occur. We're quite happy with the set of features we have in the game and probably won't be introducing any major new ones.

Regarding companions and pets. I decided at the very beginning that there won't be former and the game was designed around a single character. I contemplated having the latter for a time, and while it might be interesting and it wouldn't necessarily conflict with the design philosophy of the game, it is, at this point, as you said - a tall order.

So, no, pets are not going to be available in this game, but they might pop up in an expansion, if we end up making those.

Volgair

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 09:25:50 pm »
This got a lot more attention then I was expecting, thanks everyone for the the reply's. Also to Styg and crew, thanks for the good work you've put into the current product.

As an aside, since you seem to have read this. I am holding off on another play through until feature complete alpha or beta and will run it again with a few builds to near cap/end game for another balance feed back thread. I think I will have some free time in early/mid summer which seems to coincide with your "final early access release" mentioned in the recent Dev Log #36. That said if you need community members to product test under NDA I would happily volunteer some of my time. Cheers.