Underrail > Suggestions

Allied NPCs in Coretech Warehouse and Expedition beach.

(1/2) > >>

HulkOSaurus:
The 3 Coretech agents during the Coretech Warehouse defence always run through all the caltrops and poison gas clouds(that you put there for the enemies) whereas the STs on the beach don't cross a certain line. It may not seem like a big detail but the agents' behaviour has a rather suspension-breaking effect - probably more obvious to newer players. If the agents generally hold their positions it would be more flavourful from gameplay perspective, and it will also help the player with the quest - it isn't exactly an easy encounter after all.

The Sec Troopers on the beach like to spend all of their grenades and Adrenaline shots as soon as enemies from first wave approach them. That leaves them very vulnerable for the second wave - the Adrenaline withdrawal means that some of them literally can only reload for their turn while even more enemies are approaching. If this is intended, then by all means please excuse me - I had no idea. But I'd like to point out that some players may not have builds that perform very well on the beach defence and/or aren't still lvled up by the time they have to go through the first defence. A simple way to (possibly) improve that could be making the STs spend 'nades only when 3(maybe 2) or more enemies are in the AoE zone and use Adrenaline shot only when a certain number of enemies are present on the map. That could very well be a bad idea, it's just that to me it seems rather bizarre that they are capable of spending 2 'nades for a single enemy and then use Adrenaline shot for another single enemy.

Fenix:
Tue, I would prefer Coretech guys to bounce across the room and not further.
And bach guys too yeah, make them just a bit more smart.

PhrygianDominant:

--- Quote from: HulkOSaurus on July 26, 2020, 10:06:28 am ---The 3 Coretech agents during the Coretech Warehouse defence always run through all the caltrops and poison gas clouds(that you put there for the enemies) whereas the STs on the beach don't cross a certain line. It may not seem like a big detail but the agents' behaviour has a rather suspension-breaking effect - probably more obvious to newer players. If the agents generally hold their positions it would be more flavourful from gameplay perspective, and it will also help the player with the quest - it isn't exactly an easy encounter after all.

--- End quote ---

The Aegis rely on defensive perimeter triggers to keep them contained and not go out and get slaughtered once a new wave hits (and to allow the player to blast the beach with everything they've got). It makes sense to have the same mechanic in that mission, so I'll implement that at some point.

--- Quote from: HulkOSaurus on July 26, 2020, 10:06:28 am ---The Sec Troopers on the beach like to spend all of their grenades and Adrenaline shots as soon as enemies from first wave approach them. That leaves them very vulnerable for the second wave - the Adrenaline withdrawal means that some of them literally can only reload for their turn while even more enemies are approaching. If this is intended, then by all means please excuse me - I had no idea. But I'd like to point out that some players may not have builds that perform very well on the beach defence and/or aren't still lvled up by the time they have to go through the first defence. A simple way to (possibly) improve that could be making the STs spend 'nades only when 3(maybe 2) or more enemies are in the AoE zone and use Adrenaline shot only when a certain number of enemies are present on the map. That could very well be a bad idea, it's just that to me it seems rather bizarre that they are capable of spending 2 'nades for a single enemy and then use Adrenaline shot for another single enemy.

--- End quote ---

Sadly, that's just the AI being dumb. Any and all improvements to the general AI are up to Styg, so I can't really comment on that.

PhrygianDominant:
Okay, so I've added defensive perimeter to the warehouse. I'm still experimenting with how large this perimeter should be. Currently they're just defending the room, but if the player takes the battle outside then they get clumped up at the entrance where they have a limited line of sight and are an easy target for grenades. On the other hand, if I allowed them to walk up to the sandbags, they can cover a wider area, are less clumped up, but are also more exposed to enemy snipers and sneak attacks.

I think it's generally preferable to funnel the enemies through the entrance and keep your allies inside, but I'd like to hear your opinions as well.

HulkOSaurus:

--- Quote from: PhrygianDominant on August 19, 2020, 11:13:25 am ---Okay, so I've added defensive perimeter to the warehouse. I'm still experimenting with how large this perimeter should be. Currently they're just defending the room, but if the player takes the battle outside then they get clumped up at the entrance where they have a limited line of sight and are an easy target for grenades. On the other hand, if I allowed them to walk up to the sandbags, they can cover a wider area, are less clumped up, but are also more exposed to enemy snipers and sneak attacks.

I think it's generally preferable to funnel the enemies through the entrance and keep your allies inside, but I'd like to hear your opinions as well.

--- End quote ---

Well - I personally never take the battle outside of the sandbag perimeter. Maybe after all I am not the best person to ask about this because I play quite heavily with no reloads, and therefore quite safely. People do have vastly different play-styles after all. I now realise how difficult it is to gauge something like that when you have so many difficulties with so many possible play styles.

1. The agent could give a warning to the player that they will be protecting the room and that they do so out of safety. There could even be a bear trap or two around to better indicate that, maybe give the player the... ahem, ''right'' idea.

2. This will never happen, but it's fun to think about it :) - the agent asks the player how they should tackle the situation. We charge them at first sight, gun-ho style, or we barricade ourselves in. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version