Author Topic: Question about the expansion  (Read 1383 times)

beans00

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Question about the expansion
« on: February 18, 2022, 03:52:06 pm »
I just finished underrail for the first time around a month ago and am considering starting the expansion.

The earliest save I have is just before fighting tchort. I can see myself replaying this game in a few years maybe but I don't plan on going through the whole game again in the near future.

Can I do the expidition DLC before ending the game after I leave the DC? I'm aware I will be overleveled but I'm only level 23 and I would like to experience the DLC.

Barry

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Question about the expansion
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2022, 05:25:40 pm »
Yes

Zeem

• Oculite
  • Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2022, 06:57:48 am »
You can, but if you just installed the expansion you'd be missing A LOT of stuff it adds throughout the entire game. I would suggest starting a new game and using one of the new weapons to spice things up. But as Barry said, you can still join the Expedition after DC, and there are a few advantages to doing things in that order. At level 23 you'd be somewhat overleveled, but not too much, especially for the first time you visit Black Sea.

beyond.wudge

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2022, 08:51:42 am »
Can't they export their character and play through all the new content that way, starting from their high level?  I haven't tried it myself but it sounds like it might be just the thing.

Level 23 doesn't sound too over-leveled.  If you haven't played Expedition before you might find having a few extra levels can smooth out some of the tougher fights and make the content more forgiving to play through.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2022, 08:53:36 am by beyond.wudge »

Barry

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2022, 08:56:42 am »
Pretty sure you'd start from 0 quest-wise, you'd still have to go through Mushroom Cove, Junkyard, Depot A etc.

beans00

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2022, 12:05:55 pm »
You can, but if you just installed the expansion you'd be missing A LOT of stuff it adds throughout the entire game. I would suggest starting a new game and using one of the new weapons to spice things up. But as Barry said, you can still join the Expedition after DC, and there are a few advantages to doing things in that order. At level 23 you'd be somewhat overleveled, but not too much, especially for the first time you visit Black Sea.

In a few years I will be willing to replay underrail but I don't want to replay the whole game so soon.

Curiously what additions would I miss out on? Will some quests not get added?

beyond.wudge

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2022, 05:21:28 pm »
In terms of major content, there is a whole extra one or two major content sections before you reach the Expedition start at Core City.  They link to Expedition with characters, dialogue, plot and new abilities that are quite different from anything you've used in the base game before.  One of the most notable additions is an fairly significant set of quests given by a character you met in the base game who originally had a small role.  I can't really say any more, if you want spoilers then the wiki is always there to have a look at.

beans00

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2022, 08:19:10 am »
In terms of major content, there is a whole extra one or two major content sections before you reach the Expedition start at Core City.  They link to Expedition with characters, dialogue, plot and new abilities that are quite different from anything you've used in the base game before.  One of the most notable additions is an fairly significant set of quests given by a character you met in the base game who originally had a small role.  I can't really say any more, if you want spoilers then the wiki is always there to have a look at.

I'm assuming it's dude's other quest. Will I not be able to access that quest?

beyond.wudge

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2022, 03:19:02 pm »
No, should be fine.  Do what you like.