Author Topic: Question about crafting shotguns  (Read 1101 times)

Papa Stink

• Noob
    • View Profile
Question about crafting shotguns
« on: January 30, 2020, 10:47:52 pm »
I'm doing a shotgun/sword build that focuses on stealth, hacking/lockpicking, and crafting. I want a good shotgun that has good damage and decent precision, what parts would make a good shotgun?

Shredded Cheddar

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Re: Question about crafting shotguns
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2020, 10:59:24 pm »
I like the 8 shot one for burst because you don't need to take full auto or tube mag in order to not waste shots on bursts. It also has decent damage - I would suggest forward grip for +10% precision on bursts. Note, that precision doesn't need to be terribly high on shotguns, especially when bursting, unless there is only a single enemy.

For the single shot shotties, I like the vindicator - bonus crit damage, highest damage range (which doesn't hurt so much because you'll be shooting 12 & 20p in the later game) with a forward grip. This lowers AP cost to 20  which fits much more nicely into standard AP values for most builds than 25 - it's part of why spear is for the most part superior to sledgehammers - free belt slot (doctor's belt anyone?).

I suggest though, that you make a save and then buy a couple of frames and mods once you get to mid levels and then see the differences between the shotguns yourself. There is a quite a range of difference between different shotgun types and mods, and you can then decide if you value range and precision on your shotgun or close range devastation. Have fun!