Author Topic: Did I Mess Up My Chance to Join The Black Eels?  (Read 2884 times)

Underground Wanderer

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Did I Mess Up My Chance to Join The Black Eels?
« on: February 06, 2020, 03:40:04 am »
A while back back I decided to handle the Depot A Drill quest by doing the scrapper quest (I didn't even know you could go to the Black Eels to handle that quest.), I didn't talk to Colton while that quest was active and now that I am going to him I don't have a dialogue option to ask him about doing work for the Eels. Did I miss my chance or is there some other way to work for the Eels?

Carfrei

• Probably not a Spambot
  • Trained Assassin
    • View Profile
Re: Did I Mess Up My Chance to Join The Black Eels?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2020, 06:11:02 pm »
How many things did you do?
How far had you advance in the history?
if you didn't tell te secret entrance to the scrappers yet, you can still acces the quest of the black eels

Underground Wanderer

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2020, 07:08:01 pm »
I haven't done the Scrapper quest to reveal the wormhole yet whenever I go to Colton there isn't a dialogue option to do jobs for the Eels. Though I am really far ahead from when I originally did the Depot A quests, I was ten hours in when I was finished with that now I am over 70 hours in to the game.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 07:16:55 pm by Underground Wanderer »

Carfrei

• Probably not a Spambot
  • Trained Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2020, 06:46:19 pm »
You need to trigger the quest then
If you didnt trigger the faction war, you need to continue the history of black eels, also, you need to found the old man with 2 dogs in the deeps of depot A, he gave you some info(not sure if really need it for the history of black eels)
after that, you need to talk with SGS after you talk to Colton about the war.
At the moment, i'm not sure if you are betwen the faction war or if you already have trigger other events
Please, answer this questions:

How do you enter the worm hole?
*With colton trade favors ?
*With Scrappers help?

Do you already found the drill parts?

If you already do it
Go to Tanners office an continue de main plot, also

If you already finish the main part the next you need to do is talk to Silas, at some moment, he is goint to talk about some "job" he need to do, after that you begin the faction war.
If this help you, let me now :)

Underground Wanderer

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2020, 12:17:40 am »
I haven't tried some of the things you mentioned(Talk to Wyatt about history and then people in SGS, or start a faction war). But I am pretty far ahead in the main quest(hunting down Cornell on behalf of Coretech) and I have talked to Silas recently and he has mentioned nothing about jobs. I have yet to even start the worm hole quest for the scrappers so I haven't done anything that should lock me out of Black Eels questline. Also I am not entirely sure what you mean about the "faction war" are you talking about the Black Eel and Scrapper conflict or something else?

EDIT

Okay I tried some more things and I haven't found anything to trigger the Black Eels questline, I tried talking to everyone in SGS and the Junkyard and I even started the Wormhole quest for the Scrappers to see if that would jog anything but nothing has happened yet.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 03:19:09 am by Underground Wanderer »

Carfrei

• Probably not a Spambot
  • Trained Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2020, 01:21:15 am »
Sorry, i was out for a few days
if you can help me with images maybe is goind to be easy
you need to talk to sillas, he is going to talk to you about take over junk yard, but is really strange that didn't trigger yet.

Underground Wanderer

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2020, 03:42:10 am »
I finished up with almost everything in Core city(except Gorsky's last quest) and have to join the institute of Tchort now and it still hasn't triggered I checked with Silas to see to that. Though something else you should consider; I also installed expedition halfway through my playthrough well over the initial junkyard section do you think this is a bug relating to my installation of the expansion?

Iviris

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2020, 12:23:32 am »
You don't really "join" them, it doesn't get aknowledged anywhere else in the game, including even their base from the DLC (aside from a single minor dialogue). It only allows you to get a different ending slide for junkyard.

But at this point yes. I think you missed the whole questline. You needed to ask Colton about how you can  get into depot A (not about jobs, jobs will come later), and if there is no such option for you anymore (since you have already completed depot A), then I'm pretty sure you are locked out.

Underground Wanderer

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2020, 04:53:22 am »
You don't really "join" them, it doesn't get aknowledged anywhere else in the game, including even their base from the DLC (aside from a single minor dialogue). It only allows you to get a different ending slide for junkyard.

But at this point yes. I think you missed the whole questline. You needed to ask Colton about how you can  get into depot A (not about jobs, jobs will come later), and if there is no such option for you anymore (since you have already completed depot A), then I'm pretty sure you are locked out.

Well is there any chance I can fix this with cheats?

Iviris

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2020, 12:31:07 pm »
Well is there any chance I can fix this with cheats?
Doubt it. Savegames are pretty obfuscated, so I don't think you'll find the proper flag, even if you manage to unpack them.
So just go check on everyone involved in this quest, all eels in junkyard, sgs administration people etc, and if not, oh well, you aren't missing that much anyway.

Oh, and you can also try to just kill scrappers manually. Who knows what will happen.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 12:32:58 pm by Iviris »