Author Topic: How does the falchion differ from the neo luger?  (Read 1986 times)

SadBaxter

• Zoner
    • View Profile
How does the falchion differ from the neo luger?
« on: April 20, 2015, 02:41:27 am »
Is the falchion like the hawker? Or more like the hammerer?

SadBaxter

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Re: How does the falchion differ from the neo luger?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 11:31:32 am »
After getting to blaine and managing to get a 53 quality falchion frame the answer seems to be that Falchions get a +5% crit chance base and do slightly more base damage than a hawker for a bit less max damage, a tiny bit more base damage and less max damage than a hammerer, and much less base base damage and more max damage than a neo luger. They're pretty comparable to hawkers it seems, and a bit underwhelming. 5% more random crit chance might help if you're stacking crit% with stuff like steadfast aim, but for general combat you want a low AP weapon with reliable damage (and preferably burst fire), and another weapon with a large Critical damage bonus for using with aimed shot.

Attached a jpg I made of a 7.62mm and 9mm falchion, without gun nut, in case someone who has wiki access wants to add them in until someone manages to get a 50 quality one.

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 02:03:23 pm »
Damn, epeli is fast with updating that stuff.
I think the Crit bonus is absolutely massive, as later on, pistols without crit will fail at the opponents body armour; I didn't use a character with pistols for a while though, physical pistols that is.
First person to give Styg Karma.

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.

SadBaxter

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 02:44:30 pm »
Damn, epeli is fast with updating that stuff.

Why so he is, I didn't think he'd want to use it either, seeing as it wasn't quality 50 like the others.

I did manage to find a quality 50 Neo Luger though, so that's helpful. Maybe I should stop being lazy and get an account on the wiki, try contributing some stuff.