Author Topic: Need advice on how to complete "Track down Rassophore Nevil" quest [DOMINATING]  (Read 1245 times)

Felipe

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Hello everyone, I am currently having trouble completing this quest and I'm not sure what it is that I'm doing wrong.

Here's my build: http://underrail.info.tm/build/?FgMDCgMDDwgAAAAAc3NfAE0AABlLABpLeHh1AAAAPys5JD0qD0dmIQpoFGca

Am I too weak to complete this quest? Is there a feat I should have? The robots keep dumpstering me.

Thanks in advance.

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
That is probably the single toughest encounter in the entire game, except for maybe the very last one.  I managed to do it with my crossbow character hiding in the SW room once it opened up and restealthing ASAP after every robot I killed (crossbows are quiet).
 I'd stealth out and snipe lone kamikaze bots and quick tinker bear traps for lone industrial bots then blast them with shock bolts with deadly snares.  Eventually I whittled the robots down to a handful and stealthed out the main door.  Minor spoilers:  there is more to do after that, but you ought to figure that out for yourself. 

You can't avoid the encounter once you've gone through the vent without hacking.  I would equip a taser (maybe two?  not sure if they share a cooldown).  Once the alarm goes off, enter stealth and go to the first door that opens and kill those robots as fast as you can.  If you can do it before the next door opens, recharge your psi/health/shield if you can and head over to the next one that opens.  If you can't, stealth and find a quiet spot to recharge.  Nevil will almost certainly not survive, so don't worry about him too much.  If you can manage to do what I did, you'll eventually whittle them down, but after a certain point they will ALL be in the area and starting a fight means fighting all of them, and if you can't whack one or two and hide again without all of them coming down on you, you won't stand a chance.  I haven't played a psi character past lvl 8 or so, so I can't give you advanced advice on that. 
*eurobeat intensifies*

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
You should be fine to do the fight, if you're properly prepared.  Do you have a save from before you enter the room?  If not, things might be tougher.

If you do, then you should go do a merchant round if needed and craft yourself half a stack of MkIII EMP grenades.  Since you appear not to have grenadier, you won't have time to use more than four or five.  Bring at least a dozen psi boosters, because if the fight goes long you'll need them.  You'll probably want some Focus Stim and Trance as well if you can find any to buy - your Bio skill isn't high enough to make your own.  Since you've got good Psychokinesis and the Psychostatic Electricity feat, you'll just want to use the EMPs for the 2-turn stun and then spam Electrokinesis. Force Field will help you make them group up so you can get a bunch of them with a single grenade (especially helpful when the Industrial Bots show up), and of course the EMP will drain the shields from the sentry bots, making them child's play.  If you've got Electrostatic Imprint, make sure you use it on cooldown.  Even if the robots are stun-immune when they cross it, it'll do huge damage to them.  Don't be afraid to fit in the occasional Thermodynamics trick like ThermoD or Cryostasis (if it works on the robots; I don't remember it being much use but I never use Cryogenic Induction either so perhaps it might serve in a pinch), but know that you're going to be very heavily reliant on Electrokinesis for that fight.  If the Industrial Bots get close, remember that you can make yourself immune to fire damage for a couple turns.  That might be important if you aren't wearing fire resist gear.

Basically, you need to turn the room into a thunderstorm.  Robots aren't good at dealing with that.  If you absolutely cannot find a way to make it work, then come back at level 24/25 and try again with another feat, a few more HP and maybe slightly better gear at your disposal.  It's a tough fight on DOMINATING, and your build isn't great for this encounter
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 04:11:31 pm by TheAverageGortsby »