Author Topic: Damage cap on final boss  (Read 836 times)

Crows

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Damage cap on final boss
« on: July 12, 2020, 02:14:27 am »
I want to first mention how much I've enjoyed Underrail; despite playing since early access back in 2015, I finally managed to stop the theorycraft/restart cycle and actually finish the game for the first time. The last fight was phenomenally atmospheric, I loved it!

That being said, I think it might be nice if the boss was a little more resistant to cheesing. There is a great multi-objective setup in the boss room that I completely ignored in favor of sniping him in the eyeball and killing him in a single turn - for reference, this was on Dominating and without finishing the puzzle. I think if he had a damage cap of say, 1000/turn (possibly affected by difficulty level) before the tanks were destroyed or puzzle was completed, it might force a bit more interaction with the intended methods of winning that fight.

Elite

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Re: Damage cap on final boss
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2020, 02:48:35 am »
...and then you Aimed Shot him next turn and he dies.

To me, it seems like the tanks and puzzle are there to make the fight easier if you just can't out right kill him.

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Damage cap on final boss
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2020, 03:59:55 am »
What I'd like to see is him having regeneration of x/round/mutagen tank, including coming back to life if you bring his hp below zero kinda like the mushroom turrets, until you destroy all the tanks.  For dominating, at the very least.
*eurobeat intensifies*