Author Topic: Jack Quicksilver Issue (Triggering "Meet Azif")  (Read 2530 times)

Ransom

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Jack Quicksilver Issue (Triggering "Meet Azif")
« on: December 03, 2019, 12:37:19 am »
So I am playing through again now that I bought Expedition and I can't get the "meet Azif" quest.

The only thing I did differently from my first play through (where I triggered "meet Azif" no problem) is that I checked the cameras in the security room after persuading Delma to let me in. The cameras "didn't catch me doing anything illegal." Why can't I meet Azif? I can't find any other Forum posts that seem to answer this question. Is there a trigger point in the main story I need to get to first? Does Expedition change this?

EDIT: I've tried re-running the quest without touching the camera and no dice; it stills goes "I'll meet with you later.?"

In terms of main quest progression, I had not yet gotten to Cornell on the first save. On the second save, it was before I had even done Gorsky's quests in CC but after Tanner gave "find cornell."

EDIT 2: Sorry if this post should have gone in the "bugs" subforum. I can't figure out if it's a problem with my game or with my playthrough (or if I just need to wait to get the next quest).
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 01:26:29 am by Ransom »

Tamior

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Jack Quicksilver Issue (Triggering "Meet Azif")
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2019, 02:18:44 am »
This issue is pretty much always with how you complete the quests.
Are you 100% certain you did everything "optimally"?
Check this topic, for example: https://underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=4239.0

Ransom

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2019, 02:51:53 am »
Thank you for your response. I read that thread carefully and the second attempt I made (not touching cameras, not killing Mordre after confronting him -- indeed not confronting him at all) also failed. I've tried reading every thread I could find on this subject but to no avail. I am linking 2 saves. One (anger.rar) is with killing Mordre and touching the cameras in the Todor quest. The other (whut.rar) is with leaving the cameras untouched (having used the diplomatic option to do everything) and not interacting with Mordre. It's worth noting that for this run I used the screens to broadcast the Hercules info, whereas in my original playthrough I gave it to the hardcore city bar guy. Thank you again for your response.

1. No Cameras / No Mordre https://www.filehosting.org/file/details/835733/whut.rar

2. Cameras / Mordre https://www.filehosting.org/file/details/835736/anger.rar

I have no idea what more I could do different from the first file.

Tamior

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2019, 03:19:40 am »
Do you have a safe before you did ANY of the three quests?
P.S. I streamed these quests today: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/516263639?t=03h29m25s Everything worked out fine.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 03:34:11 am by Tamior »

Ransom

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2019, 12:51:34 pm »
Thank you for your response. I do have a save before doing the three quests. Now that I think about it, when I bought Hercules from the Hercules guy, I might have clicked a dialogue option that triggered "less than ideal," since it was followed by a persuade option to talk him down (that I succeeded on, but still). I'll upload the file after work today.

If I had to go back that far, I'd lose half my progress, however. If it turns out to be the Hercules problem, unless there's some way I can edit my file to add "Find Azif" to my quest log, I'll just have to give up on Oculus for this run. Still, I'll upload the file this evening (UTC-500 time zone). Thanks again for your response!

Ransom

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2019, 12:16:31 am »
Well I got the unpacker tool and compared the failed save file to the save one. A tag for "watcher quest no longer working" exists on this run, so it definitely wasn't a bug. I'm gonna try and edit the save file. Failing that, I guess I'll just deal with missing out on one of the coolest quests for this run. Still weird that I got it during my blind first play through but fouled it up the second time around. Oh well. It's just a game. Thank you again for your help!

EDIT: I definitely do not understand editing save files :p
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 01:25:42 am by Ransom »

anony14

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2019, 11:40:39 pm »
I'm interested in how to edit a save file, if that is an option someone could elaborate upon. Not looking forward to restarting the entire game because I had forgotten to start Jack's initial quest in SGS.

A_Clever_Monocle

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2019, 05:04:18 am »
Things you want to make sure of to vet the requirements for meet azif

-Daniel arda cannot know why you are buying the drug (just take the top dialogue option to start

-for foundry cell assignment you MUST be sure to tell them that todor hasn't snitched them out and you must get him released (ie. no jailbreak, no killing)

- for the murder investigation you must purchase info from jon and the gun merchant in core city as well as check the medical inventory in the morgue as well as have pascal examine the body

There are some very easy to mess up parts in the dialogue so be sure to read carefully and keep uninvolved parties (ie pascal) out of the loop. (They don't need to know how or why so dont tell them)

Azura_04

• Scavenger
  • Some girl from SGS.
    • View Profile
    • My primary forum account. (German, no advertising.)
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2019, 10:09:24 pm »
Telling the foundry cell if he snitched them out or not doesn't matter. I can confirm it. I did the questline quite often and I always picked a random dialogue option if he snitched or not. Both work.
You can contact me on Discord if you want.
•♬•♫•Azura•♫•♬•#9900

mephisto

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2019, 07:19:36 pm »
for Ohad Xander's quest, i can CONFIRM that making fun of Daniel Arda WILL lock you out of meeting Azif.