Author Topic: Junkyard Bug  (Read 2164 times)

Bormac

• Noob
    • View Profile
Junkyard Bug
« on: January 06, 2013, 08:26:21 pm »
I just purchased this game last night. and I have to say you've got atmosphere down really well. It's enjoyable so far though I think my character is doomed to fail. Seems that you can't really go through with melee, getting gunned down left and right. But I've managed to get this far with grenade use.
But anyway. I'm in the junkyard now and I'm encountering an unpleasant bug.
Whenever i throw a grenade at the mutant dogs on the surface after going through the wormhole. The sound goes to static for about halfa  second, then dies entirely, even if I load the game, the only way to fix it is to restart the game.
Not sure what the issue is. I've got the Alpha version off of Desura.

Using an updated version of Windows Vista as well, not sure that I got 7 on here though.

pringdew

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Junkyard Bug
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 11:10:06 pm »
ummm....where is there a wormhole...or did i miss something...

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 02:20:15 am »
I just purchased this game last night. and I have to say you've got atmosphere down really well. It's enjoyable so far though I think my character is doomed to fail. Seems that you can't really go through with melee, getting gunned down left and right. But I've managed to get this far with grenade use.
But anyway. I'm in the junkyard now and I'm encountering an unpleasant bug.
Whenever i throw a grenade at the mutant dogs on the surface after going through the wormhole. The sound goes to static for about halfa  second, then dies entirely, even if I load the game, the only way to fix it is to restart the game.
Not sure what the issue is. I've got the Alpha version off of Desura.

Using an updated version of Windows Vista as well, not sure that I got 7 on here though.

I'll take a look at it. Which grenade are you throwing?

Bormac

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 07:19:14 am »
I tried both an HE grenade, and a Frag MK2 grenade. Both produced the same results. Not sure if it's my computer or, something in the game. assuming the game since, Alphas are for bug fixing. : }
I did get pretty frustrated with the game, due to the difficulty with a stealth/melee build though. Alot of stuff you can sneak past but not much experience, which leaves me pretty weak by the time I got to the Junkyard. So I couldn't pick any locks or hack anything and in general was having a really rough time.
Trying with a more direct character now. We'll see how it goes.