Author Topic: Heavy armor feat  (Read 4192 times)

fat_cyborg

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Heavy armor feat
« on: October 01, 2013, 12:55:45 am »
I think there should be a feat to bring down the encumberance of the heavier armors.  Maybe cutting the encumberance in half.  Maybe base it off strength. 

Elhazzared

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Heavy armor feat
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 12:59:35 am »
I don't really understand encumberance myself. Now i've never used very heavy armor myself but I've never noticed any negative effects from it aside some feats nt being usable while you have a certain amount of it.

fat_cyborg

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 01:04:26 am »
It seems when you are encumbered your skill in dodge, evasivness, and stealth all get dropped, and you no longer get movement points in combat.  If you have the hit and run feat and kill something you don't even get movement points.  The yellow combat movement points are just gone forever.  It's like it drops your maximum movement points to 0. 

Elhazzared

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 09:00:26 am »
Interesting. It would be good to have more information about it. Like, how much encuberance affects it. Like how much % counts towards how much loss.

Elhazzared

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 04:43:57 pm »
quite frankly I don't see a problem with heavy armor and stealth happening at all. To use heavy armor you already need a high strength which means you are investing elsewhere. Encuberance should actually take strength into account, more strength, less encuberance.

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2013, 05:20:42 pm »
I dare say with a 20kg of metal armour and boots, neither of which was in any way designed for no noise, you can't sneak very much.
You might still be able to move well, however, if properly trained.
First person to give Styg Karma.

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.

Elhazzared

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2013, 07:49:10 pm »
Well it didn't knew you could use something for which you don't meet the minimum requirements, mostly because i never tried since I assume minimum requirements is the minimum I must have to even get to use it at all (but you know how assumptions go anyway).

Still if the problem is that you can use it without meeting the minimum requirements, then it's just a case of saying you can't use it unless you meet the requirements. That would certainly make it balanced.

Eliasfrost

• Tchortist
  • If fate frowns, we all perish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2013, 07:51:54 pm »
Hmm.. Can you use items with requirements (without negative effects) if you boost your attribute temporarily? Or is it based on my base attribute score?

fat_cyborg

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2013, 10:33:27 pm »
I dare say with a 20kg of metal armour and boots, neither of which was in any way designed for no noise, you can't sneak very much.
You might still be able to move well, however, if properly trained.

Some movement points would be nice.

Eliasfrost

• Tchortist
  • If fate frowns, we all perish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2013, 07:08:28 am »
Cool, does that count for food as well?

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2013, 02:19:48 pm »
Junkyard surprise was a bit over the top.^^
Though now it's just savescumming, not sure we gained anything there.
Maybe a feat that reduces final encumbrance by 15%? As in, if your 130% is still 95% total, it's then reduced to 80%?
Or, more interesting, a feat that's "33% less effect of encumbrance on movement".

I read a few discussions on the "War of the Roses" forums about movement in heavy armour, and as it turns out, a chain hauberk + Plate Harness (+ accompanying leather and undergarments) doesn't actually slow a trained soldier down that much.
It might put a strain on their endurance and fine motorics, but you can still reasonably move.
Then again, Underrails armors are very effective against automatic firearms, which can't be said of actual metal armor.
First person to give Styg Karma.

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.