Author Topic: Hinted features/lore (spoilers)  (Read 2429 times)

Lyca0n

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Hinted features/lore (spoilers)
« on: September 25, 2019, 01:31:11 pm »
I noticed on my third play through a couple of things that are hinted as either unfinished features (probably not finished due to time constraints) or minor lore hints that you just don't find out on a first play through so just wanted to see if anyone is able to share some other minor details.

Hinted Features:

-Quads seem to have been hinted at being sold in rail crossing and at the cores shut down merchant, probably precursor to the jet skis implementation.

-Cave hopper/shrimp meat seems next to useless beyond one or two quests, combined with the amount of fish in game seems to imply a cooking system was planned (probably suspended as to de-clutter crafting).

-Loads of non hostile NPC's around the temple of tschort with minimal dialogue and no quest affiliated with them.....Either implies a quest was meant to be affiliated or just there for world building.

-Pets seem to have been planned at one point (I think) based upon the amount of animal handler chars in the free drones and other factions, dude mentioning tameable rathounds, Faceless's bionic/armored rathounds. Combined with the interaction with k-9 in junkyard makes me feel like there was some plans for animal companions but probably got dumped due to game play limitations (which is a shame because I want a doggo :3).

Lore:
-You can actually get dialogue from Abram explaining how his throat got fucked by some biocorp mutagen or chemical weapon in depot A junkyard, didn't pay much attention to his wheezing prior so just interesting to note lore wise.

-A random disk in the junkyard seems to be made of the same material as the oculus but unable to get any chars to acknowledge what the fuck it is.

-Maura can be found in the free drones base after the jailbreak implying that the free drones have some interesting oculus connections (HAIL TO MONOLITH !!!!)

If anyone has anything else to add feel free to share :)

« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 01:40:18 pm by Lyca0n »
"To him who looks upon the world rationally, the world in its turn presents a rational aspect"-Hegel

tyrtix

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Hinted features/lore (spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2019, 08:06:55 pm »
Tommy gun stock (and AK47) are made of an unknown substance: wood

Doc Pasquale have my name in RL, and the first two or three times i played the game i was very destabilized by this thing, since i was asking myself how the game picked up my name inside my pc.

Lyca0n

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2019, 10:12:56 pm »
Completely forgot about that description......Jesus a Railrat's life is depressing, no coffee or trees :'(
"To him who looks upon the world rationally, the world in its turn presents a rational aspect"-Hegel

brobotics

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2019, 04:27:30 pm »
one item that keeps bugging me is the Broken-Off Spike. why is it tagged as a Key? has Styg or anyone confirmed that its not actually a key for anything (other than Quinton dialogue options)?

Lyca0n

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2019, 10:29:34 pm »
one item that keeps bugging me is the Broken-Off Spike. why is it tagged as a Key? has Styg or anyone confirmed that its not actually a key for anything (other than Quinton dialogue options)?

Talk to azif ;), you'll like what you get.

Sithicus

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2019, 04:33:34 am »
I did but I don't remember him mentioning anything about the Broken-Off Spike. Unless you are thinking about the Shard/Eternal Torch.

brobotics

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2019, 09:41:01 pm »

yeah i dont remember azif having dialogue options about the monolith, except that Oculus knows it exists. also i mean the Broken-Off Spike from the pirate, not the Shard

Psi Beetle Brain in a Jar is another one of those weird Expedition items. its on the wiki but i dont think anyones found it

Ravager

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2019, 01:25:47 am »
Completely forgot about that description......Jesus a Railrat's life is depressing, no coffee or trees :'(

Or bears.

Lyca0n

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2019, 05:25:02 pm »

yeah i dont remember azif having dialogue options about the monolith, except that Oculus knows it exists. also i mean the Broken-Off Spike from the pirate, not the Shard

Psi Beetle Brain in a Jar is another one of those weird Expedition items. its on the wiki but i dont think anyones found it

Was thinking of the shard sorry, do remember using it somewhere though like with Yngwar.....May just misremembering it.