Author Topic: [1.0.1.8] Opening a door and then initiating combat  (Read 1436 times)

eLPuSHeR

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
[1.0.1.8] Opening a door and then initiating combat
« on: April 14, 2016, 04:28:48 am »
Hello.

I don't know whether this "issue" qualifies as a bug or not but here it goes anyway.

It doesn't apply to 1.0.1.8 version only either but that is the version I currently have got.

When you open a door (I am usually stealthed) and then initiate combat using ENTER key, your AP points are half depleted or so.

Annoying to say the least.

reinhark

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: [1.0.1.8] Opening a door and then initiating combat
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 04:47:57 am »
Because it uses the turn system, I think. force initiating combat forces the game to... well, combat, in the middle of the turn.
Even if you are not in combat, you are technically in a turn. You can actually experience this better in the Tchort's eye area(+1 debuff ticks per turn), but here is bare bones example.

1. Turn starts. You get 50AP!
2. You open door, you spend - say 20 AP to open a door. You now have 30AP!
3. Initiate combat.
4. You still have 30AP!
5. shooty shooty  bang bang etc.
6. Turn ends.
(this also means that any action other than moving potentially cuts your combat initiation AP.)

This can be migrated by waiting few seconds before action starts.(I think 1 turn consists as 6 seconds, so waiting 6 seconds before going all out is pretty good idea)

However I still want the system to be fluid, and therefore want stealth combat starting AP to be 50AP.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 04:52:53 am by reinhark »
Self-proclaimed great cheater. Frequent game breaker. Liberator of limitations.

eLPuSHeR

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: [1.0.1.8] Opening a door and then initiating combat
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 04:30:41 pm »
Thank you both for claryfing things up.  8)