Author Topic: Bug --- Dialog + Combat at the same time  (Read 1530 times)

Barrelsoup Chef

• Probably not a Spambot
  • Gamer since 1997
    • View Profile
Bug --- Dialog + Combat at the same time
« on: November 04, 2013, 02:12:02 pm »
Hi everyone!

I love this game, already have 60 hours in Underrail, 2 characters: one of level 17 one of level 13. Had zero bugs so far (thought I had one but solved it myself in the past), but now I got one.

After the Black Eels quest had been completed I decided  to make war on the Black Eels, Scrappers and the Protectorate to gain more exp by killing them before I restarted the game. I wanted to buy some more meds because these are real hard opponents to fight against. In the junkyard slums I find myself entering the dialog with the 'doctor' (creepy guy), but at the same time 1 of the guards of the Protectorate post enters combat. He shoots 5 times, I could hear the gunshots. After the gunshots the hourglass cursor disappeared and I chose the barter button. Here I found myself into a bugged situation, the hourglass cursor reappeared and stuck I am (thanks god for auto-save :D).

I don't think this is supposed to happen, you can see above the barter screen in the picture at the left the guard, at the right me and the doctor.
Gameplay, that's the reason why I PLAY a GAME

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Bug --- Dialog + Combat at the same time
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 02:54:54 pm »
Heya,

Glad to hear you're enjoying the game. :)

Thanks for the report. I'll try to reproduce this, but that might be difficult. You probably hit a very specific timing for this to happen. But even if I don't manage to pull it off I'll see about adding some more defensive code to prevent this sort of deadlock happening.