Author Topic: ZOOM PLEASE  (Read 1447 times)

mercy

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
ZOOM PLEASE
« on: April 11, 2020, 01:34:48 pm »
In most games you can ZOOM IN on the Battlescape. Since your adventure screen = battlescape, you have the same place, where the character is adventuring and also doing the fights, we should be able to ZOOM IN on WTH is happening on the battlefield.

In Combat WALLS are completely obstructing the enemy. I need to press the Outline-Reveal shortcut to see the enemy, otherwise I can't friggin' see WTH is going on.  This should be remedied in your game.  At least in Infusion!

The way you do this is to bitmap copy everything onto an opengl PLANE ==> you need to put a TEXTURE on this plane and that texture is the bitmap copy of your current adventure+battlescape screen and you display THAT textured opengl plane.

That plane CAN be ZOOMED freely.  Or you can set it to zoom in SMOOTHLY in small increments.   

This is how we do it in our '32x32 pixel tile'-based game.   If we can do it in a simple pixel based game with small pixel art tiles, I bet you can do it too!

Don't you think??

kamax3

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: ZOOM PLEASE
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2020, 04:46:16 pm »
This game was intended to be played on a lower resolution... try playing at 1360x768. I haven't had a need to zoom once I figured that out.

slyguy65

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: ZOOM PLEASE
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2020, 05:54:00 pm »
This game was intended to be played on a lower resolution... try playing at 1360x768. I haven't had a need to zoom once I figured that out.

Why should the player have to limit themselves? Options should always be welcomed.