Author Topic: Respawning - Pickpocketing Inventories  (Read 15079 times)

bushwhacker2k

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Respawning - Pickpocketing Inventories
« on: May 22, 2013, 12:40:41 am »
Okay, so I know that some creatures respawn. I know that some things (mushrooms) respawn. I know that merchant inventories respawn.

Are there any plans to have character inventories respawn, for pickpocketing purposes, or is it planned for this to stay constant throughout the entirety of the game?

Eliasfrost

• Tchortist
  • If fate frowns, we all perish
    • View Profile
Re: Respawning - Pickpocketing Inventories
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 11:52:16 am »
It would make sense for the inventory of people to respawn when you think about, or maybe they get too paranoid after the first theft that they stop putting things in their pockets.

Respawning pockets could be easily exploited I believe, but one way to fix that would be to exponentially reduce the amounts of items in their pockets until they stop respawning anything at all, like this:

1st time: 1 hypo, 50 creds
2nd time: 25 creds
3rd time: 5 creds
4th time: n/a

16bitAindo

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 12:38:20 pm »
You could also lower the quality of items and amount of money that spawns in general and then add the possibility that on rare occasions more money or better items could appear.

RawCode

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 03:19:54 pm »
stealing shoud be harder and harder.

first attempt some loot 10 diff
second attempt sole loot 20 diff

and soo on, this will allow to steal something constantly, but respawned inventory will be usefull only if you booster your pickpocket

blackmoor

• Zoner
  • The brightest light casts the darkest shadow
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2013, 07:18:56 pm »
Okay, so I know that some creatures respawn. I know that some things (mushrooms) respawn. I know that merchant inventories respawn.

Are there any plans to have character inventories respawn, for pickpocketing purposes, or is it planned for this to stay constant throughout the entirety of the game?
God I hope so.

In addition to the suspicion bar eventually depleting.

bushwhacker2k

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2013, 10:50:02 pm »

God I hope so.

In addition to the suspicion bar eventually depleting.

It would make sense, in both ways-

If a person regularly lost items in their pockets they'd get pretty suspicious, but if it happened a while ago then they'd logically forget.

I guess a process of increasing difficulty as more and more items are stolen? (in between respawns of course, the idea is that they didn't notice at the time)

But at the same time the suspicion BAR would reduce to nothing in between segments.

In this way it couldn't be super easily abused but it would continue to give some kind of payoff as the character plays the game and revisits areas.