Author Topic: "Zone transition error" When trying to access Level 2-Armory and Shooting Range  (Read 553 times)

zeta

• Noob
    • View Profile
Been playing on PC for sometime, haven't ran into any issue until now. I tried the game on my steam deck and saved my game. The next day I wasn't able to access my autosave file. I was able to access a save that was done on my pc (windows 10). For some reason when trying to access the SGS Armory I get the "Zone transition error" and my game crashes to the main menu. I've tried creating files on my steam deck to see if I can open them on my PC but no luck. I've tried with the latest GE version 7-51. It seems like I can access different parts of the game (I'm not very far in, after Depot A and junkyard quests) but I wouldn't want to start over if I can avoid it. I've been doing a lot of trial and error. I've uninstalled the game on pc, downloaded my cloud saves and pasted them in my \My Games\Underrail\Saves, made sure my steam cloud save was up to date, turned off cloud save, turned off auto save when transitioning, and verified file integrity. Additionally, I have not made any modifications to the game folders other than replacing saves. No save files have been modified with Cheat Engine.

I feel like I'm coming up short on options. I did try GE 7-29 on my steam deck which was able to load my pc save and auto save (which the steam deck has been able to load this whole time). But now it wouldn't load the saves that had be created on my steam deck from before using the compatibility and after using GE 7-51. I did read something that the steam deck saves files a bit differently? Apologies, prior to the steam deck I've never used a Linux system. So apparently that can mess up saves when trying to access them on PC. I will attach the latest Zone transition error and my main save file that is on the private quarters floor. From there I can access level 1, 3, etc. But for some reason I can't access level 2, I believe that it's because originally the auto save and auto save (previous) were overwritten while on my steam deck when I accessed that floor. Anything that overwrites those two at this point will just carry on that error when trying to access that floor.

I'm at the point where I'm not sure if I should try and stream the game from my steam deck to my pc or just play the pc save that can't access the level 2 of SGS. My only concern is that if I play on my pc using that "corrupted" file that I might possibly run into that issue later on. If I were to play on my pc save then I wouldn't play it on my steam deck anymore.

Apologies for any formatting issues or lack of information. I don't post on forums often but I was willing to do so because I am really enjoying this game and wish to support the developers of this game.

/sh/rvx80fbpv6jmesk/AAAsg_lvWsjsO5ddZG57dEmva?dl=0   <---- Save file (dropbox)

Transition Error

Game Version: 1.1.5.12
Error: System.Exception: Failed to load locale 'StationAlpha-Level2 - South Gate Station'. ---> System.Exception: Unable to resolve data element type: Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Point, FNA, Version=22.9.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0738eb9f132ed756
   at ewb.aui(String A_0, String A_1, Boolean A_2)
   at ewb.a(String[] A_0, Int32& A_1, Int32 A_2)
   at ewb.a(String[] A_0, Int32& A_1, Int32 A_2)
   at ewb.a(String A_0)
   at ewb.aui(String A_0, String A_1, Boolean A_2)
   at c6k.BindToType(String assemblyName, String typeName)
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.Bind(String assemblyString, String typeString)
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.GetType(BinaryAssemblyInfo assemblyInfo, String name)
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectMap..ctor(String objectName, String[] memberNames, BinaryTypeEnum[] binaryTypeEnumA, Object[] typeInformationA, Int32[] memberAssemIds, ObjectReader objectReader, Int32 objectId, BinaryAssemblyInfo assemblyInfo, SizedArray assemIdToAssemblyTable)
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.__BinaryParser.ReadObjectWithMapTyped(BinaryObjectWithMapTyped record)
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.__BinaryParser.ReadObjectWithMapTyped(BinaryHeaderEnum binaryHeaderEnum)
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.__BinaryParser.Run()
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.Deserialize(HeaderHandler handler, __BinaryParser serParser, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream, HeaderHandler handler, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream)
   at efm.DeserializeFromBinaryInternal[T](Stream stream, SerializationBinder binder, Int64 dataModelVersion)
   at efm.DeserializeFromBinaryCompressed[T](Stream stream, SerializationBinder binder, Boolean tryToRetrieveDataModelVersion)
   at b6x.GetItemCompressed[T](String name, Boolean throwOnMissing)
   at bhv.a(String A_0, dgy& A_1)
   at bhv.xk(bbo A_0, Boolean A_1)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at dm0.LogAndThrow[T](Exception innerException, LogSeverity severity, String message, Object[] messageArgs)
   at bhv.xk(bbo A_0, Boolean A_1)
   at dxy.aqb(Boolean A_0, Boolean A_1)
   at ep1.by(ewa A_0)
   at bo2.d(ewa A_0)
   at b3i.a(ewa A_0)
   at b3i.b(ewa A_0)
   at b3i.ada(ewa A_0)
   at bo2.f(ewa A_0)

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
I've identified the problem. I'll look into fixing it for the next update. It might be the cause of other people's problem with Deck saves as well. We'll see.

zeta

• Noob
    • View Profile
I've identified the problem. I'll look into fixing it for the next update. It might be the cause of other people's problem with Deck saves as well. We'll see.

Appreciate the response. Thanks for looking into it.