Author Topic: Utility Tower: No transition zone, cannot further go up  (Read 1091 times)

Hammer Wizard

• Oculite
  • Scavenger
    • View Profile
Utility Tower: No transition zone, cannot further go up
« on: July 05, 2021, 02:21:01 pm »
What it says on the tile, I cannot keep climbing up because there's no transition zone, either blue or red
Is there a way to fix this? It took a lot of time and effort to get there.
Maybe modify the game file?
*Snort*

Yogimanz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Utility Tower: No transition zone, cannot further go up
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2021, 02:45:46 pm »
That is not a bug. It's a new dominating only area which belongs to the dominating only fragments of which, there can be only 1 per playthrough. To alleviate this uncertainty, at the start of the game, there is an indicator which can give you a hint about the randomly selected fragment (we added that for this specific reason/issue you might face).

If you wish to experience the encounter, provide me with a save that hasn't entered that zone previously. I'll modify it and pass it back to you when I get back to work.

Hammer Wizard

• Oculite
  • Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2021, 03:04:45 pm »
>If you wish to experience the encounter, provide me with a save that hasn't entered that zone previously
As in, didnt even entered the Utility Tower section, before the automatic hard save is created?
The last hardsave was from Carnifex fight check point, and that was long, long, long ago.

My last safe file is after entering the tower, right below that floor depicted on the screenshoot. Does the automatic save file upon first entering the Utility Tower works?
Otherwise I will pass on this offer, if cannot modify the lastest possible file then it wouldn't be worth it to play several days of game again.
*Snort*

Yogimanz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2021, 03:14:46 pm »
Only the final zone, not the tower itself at the bottom. New zone transition occurs when there's a loading screen on zone transitions. Otherwise I could maybe get you inside the area (with any save you have regardless of anything) where you could do the encounter, have the area transition to go back 1 floor down (via stairs) but lose the ability to return back upstairs to the new area (since the transition wasn't loaded in as the fragment wasn't randomly selected).

You can send me your save via Discord.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 03:28:40 pm by Yogimanz »

Hammer Wizard

• Oculite
  • Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2021, 03:51:08 pm »
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1U3K_euhiUxgWT8yp_6ibF7fnzdoCXvq2?usp=sharing

This folder contains my last save file, it's exacly one floor below/one load screen away from the zone depicted in the screenshoot.
If I cannot go down after being moved up, no biggie, I will make a hard save appart from this main save file. Or I can leave it for another run.
*Snort*