Author Topic: Elwood's House - Trapped Footlocker  (Read 2087 times)

bushwhacker2k

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Elwood's House - Trapped Footlocker
« on: June 13, 2014, 05:43:25 pm »
Once again not sure of the devs' views on this, but in Elwood's house in the Junkyard there is a footlocker in his room which absolutely cannot be accessed without dealing(disarming/stepping on) with a mine.

Elhazzared

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Elwood's House - Trapped Footlocker
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 06:46:03 pm »
So... Elwood protects his stuff with a mine. It's pretty obvious not a bug. You can step on it, you can disarm it or you can throw a grenade at it. All of those are possible solutions.

bushwhacker2k

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 02:35:24 am »
So... Elwood protects his stuff with a mine. It's pretty obvious not a bug. You can step on it, you can disarm it or you can throw a grenade at it. All of those are possible solutions.

Debatable, definitely up to devs on this one.

The thing is- logically, if you knew there was a mine there you'd just open the lockbox from the side.

-

On a separate note, just to clarify: this isn't a complaints forum, this is a bug submission forum. If I see something that might be considered a bug, I generally submit it.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 02:40:31 am by bushwhacker2k »

Elhazzared

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2014, 03:33:29 am »
Wasn't sayng that it was. Was just saying that it is very unlikely to be a bug. Some traped chests/lockers are quite cliche in most games after all.

If I had to throw a wild guess as to why a mine rather than an activatable trap when you interact with the locker is probably because a game mechanic for that was simply not designed and putting a mine in front of it would work prety well... Can be wong of course and the mine is there exactly because that was the intention.

If you say you can avoid it by going around the side then probably what is needed is either a second mine there to prevent getting to it without having to deal with mines... However one mine detonating would set the other mines off as well which would very likelly guarantee a kill if you just steped on it... But nothing a load and throw grenade wouldn't solve anyway.

bushwhacker2k

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2014, 05:43:08 am »
Wasn't sayng that it was. Was just saying that it is very unlikely to be a bug. Some traped chests/lockers are quite cliche in most games after all.

Kk, thanks for clarifying. Some people get offended easily so I worry about these things.

If I had to throw a wild guess as to why a mine rather than an activatable trap when you interact with the locker is probably because a game mechanic for that was simply not designed and putting a mine in front of it would work prety well... Can be wong of course and the mine is there exactly because that was the intention.

If you say you can avoid it by going around the side then probably what is needed is either a second mine there to prevent getting to it without having to deal with mines... However one mine detonating would set the other mines off as well which would very likelly guarantee a kill if you just steped on it... But nothing a load and throw grenade wouldn't solve anyway.

Going around to the side doesn't allow you to open it, which is why I submitted this since it's a mine.

But yeah, everything comes down to how the devs really view this. If it's a trapped lockbox then there's no problem here- but if it's firmly just a mine then I should be able to circumvent it just by being aware of it.

So, final word from me: Can a dev clarify the position on this?