Author Topic: Simple Gun Nut Change  (Read 2868 times)

Draynin

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Simple Gun Nut Change
« on: March 29, 2019, 10:46:26 pm »
I think sense most people don't like gun nuts lack luster ability, we should change it from adding up damage limit to just:

"Crafted Guns have an additional modification slot" ( of course you cannot overlap mods, but that's already implemented for most things )

Course this may need some testing but it would allow you to get more use out of the many modifications in the game, just my personal suggestion

Quidam Craft

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Re: Simple Gun Nut Change
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2019, 07:31:10 pm »
If it is technicaly possible, it would be a great thing, and gun nut would be very peculiar and special.

Shredded Cheddar

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2019, 03:38:25 am »
I would love this.... especially because theres no reason certain guns can't have multiple modifications outside game balance

Arclight

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2019, 02:36:14 pm »
Nice!

Or, able to modify a part outside its standard usage - i.e. let the silencer be used on a 9mm\ect build, where its only used on a 5mm.

Tygrende

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2019, 05:23:29 pm »
I like this idea. Gun Nut is definitely one of if not the worst crafting feat right now. The damage increase is a pretty generic bonus, it's rather low and its only the upper range, making it unreliable and much less attractive to some guns, like sniper rifles. Putting more points into PER instead of INT gives much better results and saves a feat. Having both max PER and 7 INT just for an underwhelming and unreliable damage increase is hardly worth it.

A bonus mod slot on the other hand is much more creative and allows for various different bonuses in different playstyles. I believe one more slot is still not enough to install all useful mods and rob the player of meaningful choices since guns have a lot of good mods available. Quite the opposite, it would give the inferior and rarely/never used mods an opportunity to shine. Even sniper rifles, which have one more mod slot to begin with and fewer mods to choose from wouldn't suffer from lack of options. As an example, end game sniper rifle is pretty much always a spearhead with an Anatomically-Aware Scope, Rapid Reloader and Smart Module. The only mods left are Barrel Retractor and Extended Magazine, both not even worth considering in comparsion to Rapid Reloader and Smart Module. With one more slot, I could easily see myself choosing between a more close range-friendly rifle or saving some APs in big fights with fewer reloads.

At the same time I don't think it would be overpowered since most powerful mod combos tend to be mutually-exclusive as is, like, say, muzzle brake and barrel compensator.

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2019, 12:21:03 am »
Coulda sworn I've made this exact suggestion before, just not in the suggestions forum.  Anyway I completely support this.

Now your rapid muzzled SMG's can have a forward grip and your rapid muzzled AR's can have a scope of some kind. 
*eurobeat intensifies*

newageofpower

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2019, 05:42:28 am »
I recall asking for this change before, but Styg rejected it ;_;

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2019, 09:03:45 pm »
It's not a bad idea and it probably wouldn't take too much work to implement, but if I do get around to working on firearms again, there are more pressing issues to be handled first - such as usefulness of all the different frames.

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2019, 07:43:45 pm »
such as usefulness of all the different frames.

Which ones do you think need worked on? 
*eurobeat intensifies*

newageofpower

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2019, 08:20:53 am »
It's not a bad idea and it probably wouldn't take too much work to implement, but if I do get around to working on firearms again, there are more pressing issues to be handled first - such as usefulness of all the different frames.
Hmm.

For ARs, end game, only the Hornet and Chimera feel useful for crafting.

For SMGs, the Steel Cat feels too good, and the Impala a bit weak, which is really bad because its supposed to be a reward for investing into crafting. The Jaguar and Jackrabbit are situationally good.

For SRs, the Spearhead is extremely flexible but has less of the OOMPH that comes out of something higher caliber. Alot less.

Still, with "Snipe/Aimed shot - Swap to other weapon/Psi" that most builds use, the Spearhead is probably the most used, end game.

I haven't played much with pistols myself, so I can't offer opinions on those.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 08:26:46 am by newageofpower »

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2019, 09:26:32 am »
such as usefulness of all the different frames.

Which ones do you think need worked on?
All of them. We have a lot more tools when it comes to itemization now than we had before, but I'm not going to spoil anything in advance, I'll get into details when/if they are already implemented.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 09:28:26 am by Styg »

newageofpower

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2019, 06:15:15 am »
All of them. We have a lot more tools when it comes to itemization now than we had before, but I'm not going to spoil anything in advance, I'll get into details when/if they are already implemented.
Hay. Another useless feat is Ballistics.

Just reminding you guys...

Raven

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2019, 03:47:59 pm »
Gonna give my 50 cents  ;)

I think "gun nut" feat should not give +15% max dmg, but +25-30% lower dmg.
This turns extra potential damage feat with more RNG to a more stable less RNG damage feat. Since it will shrink the dmg roll and cut off 25-30% rng.

This game has too much RNG as it is, so why not have feats to reduce that?