Author Topic: Character seperated save games  (Read 4451 times)

fat_cyborg

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Character seperated save games
« on: October 01, 2013, 01:16:56 am »
I like to play through games more than once with different kinds of characters.  It annoys me in games like Skrimm, Fallout 3, or Fallout: New Vegas when all the saved games are lumped together. 

Dragon Age had it right.  They seperated your saves based on your characters you created so that you didn't accidentally save one over the other.  The only way to get something like that in those bethesda games was to download a character save game organizing program that backed up your saves and seperated them based on character names.

Please add something so I can save without worry.

Elhazzared

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Character seperated save games
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 01:20:07 am »
This would actually be nice along with auto-save everytime you change instances.

On another note I shall have to bring down the holy inquisition on you so that you shall be purged by fire after playing any fallout that it's not 1, 2 or tactics. :P

fat_cyborg

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 02:21:20 am »
On another note I shall have to bring down the holy inquisition on you so that you shall be purged by fire after playing any fallout that it's not 1, 2 or tactics. :P

Some people didn't even like tactics.  I played all the fallout games even the Brotherhood of steel on the original Xbox.  Yeah, it sucked, but I just like their universe.

Elhazzared

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 08:58:45 am »
No, fallout tactics didn't sucked. People need to get this over in their heads. Fallout tactics was never an RPG. It was an atempt to make something different for a change, not a change of heading on what fallout was. Think of it as something like someone grabbing Xcom and making a first person shooter. It wasn't a change of direction, it's was grabbing the universe and make a one off game out of it. Fallout tactics was a turn based squad strategy game and as a turn based squad strategy game it was a very good game... Again, the problem is that people want to force into their heads that fallout tactics was either a bad RPG (which it wasn't at all to begin with) or a continuation of the fallout series (which it wasn't too, it was a spinoff).

Kaerius

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 10:16:54 am »
To be fair he didn't say tactics sucked, he said this sucked: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallout:_Brotherhood_of_Steel

It's a crappy action RPG(more brawler/topdown eight directional shooter than RPG).

Elhazzared

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2013, 11:22:07 am »
Ah yeah, those xbox exclusives. Good thing I belong to the PC master race. :P

Kaerius

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2013, 12:08:42 pm »
Same. ;)

SagaDC

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2013, 09:37:43 pm »
Now now, I think we're not giving Brotherhood of Steel a fair shake. I mean, can you really say a game sucks just because it was developed out-of-house, totally disregarded established storyline, totally disregarded established gameplay, totally changed the visual and audio style of the works it was based on, blatantly inserted commercial product placements, and-

Crap, what was my point again? Something about 'Brotherhood of Steel' and 'sucking'. Hrm.

Oh well, I'm sure it will come back to me eventually. In the meantime, I think we should all just be grateful that Brotherhood of Steel 2 was cancelled.

fat_cyborg

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2013, 10:30:21 pm »
Now now, I think we're not giving Brotherhood of Steel a fair shake. I mean, can you really say a game sucks just because it was developed out-of-house, totally disregarded established storyline, totally disregarded established gameplay, totally changed the visual and audio style of the works it was based on, blatantly inserted commercial product placements, and-

Crap, what was my point again? Something about 'Brotherhood of Steel' and 'sucking'. Hrm.

Oh well, I'm sure it will come back to me eventually. In the meantime, I think we should all just be grateful that Brotherhood of Steel 2 was cancelled.

I'm glad Fallout 3 eventually came out and made things allright.  Well, most things: 
- I hated little lamplight, those freaking kids just had to be invincible and annoying. 
- They really should have used low intelligence dialogue options from Fallout 2.  Ever play through Fallout 2 as a super dumb guy, it's a challenge! They didn't have dumb guy dialogue in Fallout 3. 
- The ending also didn't recap your exploits, but thankfully New Vegas had that kind of ending.

Elhazzared

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2013, 11:06:21 pm »
Fallout 3 was the assassination of the fallout series (aside perhaps brotherhood of steel for crapbox... I mean, xbox). First or third person perspective killed the game entirely. There is no proper planning of how you approch a situation to start with since you don't have an isometric view with simple square distance measures and even worse which completly blows up any atempt at an immersive gameplay. Aim a gun at someone head point blank and just miss the shot... My crosshair was there, you can't tell me it missed, not in afirst or third person perspective. On an isometric view point blank get a 5% roll is meh but it's something you can swallow.

How about destroying the lore of the game? The vaults were never meant as experiements, you pretty much get told the vaults were there to make sure enough population would survive to re-populate the world once the radiation subsided and earth could be tammed once again. but no, suddenly, the vaults were almost all of them experiments to see how people would deal with certain situations.

Better yet, Vault 13 waterchip was supposed to break in order to see how the population of the vault would respond to that acordingly to fallout 3... Just more bullshit, if you played fallout 1 and 2 you know that indeed the starting point of fallout 1 is that the waterchip broke and you need a new one. but i you play fallout 2 you will at a point find an archway which teleports you back in time to vault 13 and you're the one who breaks the waterchip that your great grandfather will have to replace in his time.

Bethesda as a company should sink for so much heresy and I don't even kid on this. I would like them to really go under and sink for I don't have a shred of compassion for those bastards.

fat_cyborg

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2013, 11:29:21 pm »
...How about destroying the lore of the game? The vaults were never meant as experiements, you pretty much get told the vaults were there to make sure enough population would survive to re-populate the world once the radiation subsided and earth could be tammed once again. but no, suddenly, the vaults were almost all of them experiments to see how people would deal with certain situations...

Some people like Pepsi some people like Coke.
I thought the story was great.  It was interesting. 

Elhazzared

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2013, 02:33:44 am »
If you're making a spin off. Sure, mess with it a bit. If you're making a sequel, i think it's at very least moronic to go and say... you know that thing that happened and how things went? Yeah well, scratch that, we'll just make something completly different because we are the idiots who bought the game from the company that went under.

Now I can empatise to the fact that you like the game, not everyone likes the same stuff and I absolutly hate what they did with it, both with the lore and mechanics. But quite frankly. I never liked Bethesda cause they never released a game I liked (to my knowledge) and quite frankly, destroying what fallout was (the best RPG ever made until now) is worthy of pulling out the pitchforks and go burn their offices.

Kaerius

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2013, 05:53:12 am »
I think it's best to consider NV the third game in the series, and 3 as a spinoff.