Author Topic: Text display  (Read 3168 times)

Spinewire

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Text display
« on: December 22, 2012, 11:07:46 am »
I run the game at 1650x1080 and I found the need to increase the font size, maybe I am going blind but I find the text rather hard to read, I see why it was chosen due to the style but a slightly more legible version would be appreciated.

I also a lot of the orange text has a strange interlaced style texture to it please just make it a solid colour as it is also a pain in the ass to read on the smaller font setting.

spiderwisdom

• Noob
    • View Profile
Re: Text display
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 03:26:43 pm »
Thought I'd bump this thread instead of starting a new one.

I put a little time into this last night and it's really fantastic. Builds a wonderfully bleak atmosphere and the music is amazing. I especially like the Temple of Elemental Evil-style combat visuals with the green-yellow-red graph and overlay. That's one of the best visual identifiers I've seen to inform me how much action I'm working with.

I'm playing fullscreen at 1920x1080 and I wish the fonts were bigger (in terms of dialog/mouseover text) and more legible (menus). I think the typeface for dialog is fine, but an option to increase the size would be welcome. I know the face for the menus is going for low-fi sci-fi, but it needs a little more contrast to aid in legibility.

Also, I have no idea where the warehouse near the GMS is. I found a spot that looked a lot like a warehouse, but there was just a sentry patrolling around.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 04:10:12 pm »
Thought I'd bump this thread instead of starting a new one.

I put a little time into this last night and it's really fantastic. Builds a wonderfully bleak atmosphere and the music is amazing. I especially like the Temple of Elemental Evil-style combat visuals with the green-yellow-red graph and overlay. That's one of the best visual identifiers I've seen to inform me how much action I'm working with.

I'm playing fullscreen at 1920x1080 and I wish the fonts were bigger (in terms of dialog/mouseover text) and more legible (menus). I think the typeface for dialog is fine, but an option to increase the size would be welcome. I know the face for the menus is going for low-fi sci-fi, but it needs a little more contrast to aid in legibility.

Also, I have no idea where the warehouse near the GMS is. I found a spot that looked a lot like a warehouse, but there was just a sentry patrolling around.

I'll just copy/paste the answer to this from that other forum. ;)

I'm planning to implement a higher resolution font for all the in game text at some point. Btw, you can increase font size for the dialog (but only for that) right now in the options.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 04:11:09 pm »
I run the game at 1650x1080 and I found the need to increase the font size, maybe I am going blind but I find the text rather hard to read, I see why it was chosen due to the style but a slightly more legible version would be appreciated.

I also a lot of the orange text has a strange interlaced style texture to it please just make it a solid colour as it is also a pain in the ass to read on the smaller font setting.

I guess I missed this post somehow. Spinewire, if you're still here could you post a screenshot of the text interlacing. There shouldn't be any one the text itself as long as you play on your native resolution (or windowed).

spiderwisdom

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 04:22:33 pm »

I'm planning to implement a higher resolution font for all the in game text at some point. Btw, you can increase font size for the dialog (but only for that) right now in the options.

Sounds perfect! I'll look into it tonight. Now to find that warehouse...