Poll

What do you think about that idea?

Sounds nice...
please not...
to complex for me...

Author Topic: Make Crafting more RPG like (improve quality, changed Biology system etc...)  (Read 1559 times)

VaeliusNoctu

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Hello,

i have a Idea about Item Quality and the crafting system. I dislike the actual random level of Quality. Crafting means for me "do it yourself" not hope for a random Loot or searching for Merchants and have a lucky day. I think that the player should be able improve the Quality from Components depending on the Skilllevel.

I would change it so that Merchants ALLWAYS sell low Quality level Components and drops from high Quality Objects should be realy rare. Good enough for beginners to craft something, BUT the high Quality stuff should only be avaible for Players with a High skilllevel. This makes crafting and crafting skills more Important and Build something depends on Skills not on Lucky drops or endless shopping.

I would change Biology too so that with Higher Biology skills you become more and better Components from Hunting (wisdom how to remove organs and Fur safety), farming Plants and Extract them (more efficient in extracting depending on skilllevel).

I love that RPG game for the reason it have a Focus on skills. You changed the merchants in a way i love, its RPG like that you cant sell all your crap to Merchants.

Also, a good idea would be to remove dissembling as fat and instead to allow as free capacity. Whether I can disassemble an item should depend on my skill level.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 07:48:41 pm by VaeliusNoctu »

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
Well, sounds good, but it may be too late for that change.

Gman

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Am agreeing it is a bit late for this kind of wide change to the economy. Also think the way he has it now is for a very specific reason.  Carry weights helps make you choose what to bring rather than walking around with an armory. How crafting is now, I'm rather fine with. Moving around and doing trade rounds across the stations doesn't bother me, and helps stretch the game a little while keeping my immersion, which is important to me frankly.  The world is not rolling in gear, either, so scarcity of parts seems very fitting.  Also helps cut down on superpowered items making the game real easy from early on just because of equipment. Saying that though..

-Biology  does need changing, you are right on this, and needs some serious love as a skill.  Having it increase effectiveness of bandages (not hypos) would go towards making it not so bland.  Hypos could also have varying recipe, letting different fluid/drug components go in to create a drug cocktail.  Would help give the crafting of Biology a bit more use, since unless you are a psyker, most of the high lvl drugs as right now don't help you at all.

-Diassembling is a feat sink agreed, for now. Unless there are some slim chance of superior gear showing up in some stores to make taking one apart for a kickass rifle frame/etc, it's just pft for now.