Author Topic: Which of the 3 factions should I work for in Core City?  (Read 12641 times)

patr7404

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Which of the 3 factions should I work for in Core City?
« on: October 01, 2019, 04:54:35 pm »
I have basically no idea which faction to work for since I know nothing of what they're ideals are or what their plan for humanity is. Or who pays more.

Any help with this?

Duskmare

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Re: Which of the 3 factions should I work for in Core City?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2019, 05:00:58 pm »
Each one's main benefit is a shop that opens after so many missions. If you're not a crafting type then it's not as important (but pretty much every character should have some crafting because it's really powerful, haha).

The Pretorian Guard are your heavy armour gunners. So if you go for straight combat then these are your guys. They'll have gun components and metal for sale.

JKK are the spys and assassins. If you use a lot of stealth based skills and things like that then these are your guys.

Coretech are... the tech guys, surprisingly. They sell power cores, tech armour pieces and psi crafting stuff. (Personally I always go coretech because I can't stop playing psi characters, haha.)

As for story, I've heard that JKK is the most interesting but couldn't really tell you. They all end up at the same place with the best reward being given for completing the full quest chain. You'll only miss out on minor rewards, like a piece of generic equipment, and the stores for the two you don't side with.

patr7404

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2019, 05:11:52 pm »
Alright, guess it's gonna be CoreTech then, first character is a Psi character so. Also I read something about getting locked out of alot of shit if I did something wrong with Abram in Junkyard I think, I can remember kind of what I picked but it's kind of hazy. What's the deal with that?

Duskmare

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2019, 05:21:11 pm »
Also I read something about getting locked out of alot of shit if I did something wrong with Abram in Junkyard I think, I can remember kind of what I picked but it's kind of hazy. What's the deal with that?

Uh, basically, if you turn Abram in to the protectorate it ends a quest chain that's super long and really interesting within the first quest of that chain. I guess same might go if you refuse to help him.

There's also a part later where another masked guy gives you 3 assignments. If you mess up any of them or don't complete them just right then the quest chain ends there. Essentially, look for the best solutions to the problems you're given and follow the instructions. They don't really hold your hand, so you have to think outside the box a bit to get the ideal resolution. For example, if you're tasked with solving the problem of an accomplice who was arrested and might rat out their co-conspirators then you've got a lot of options. You can kill them to keep them quiet, try to break them out, try to convince the judge to pronounce them innocent, etc. You have to pick the option that gets the best result. Also you have to figure out what your options are in the first place, haha.

So yeah. It's a good fun challenge but I suggest you save after being given the 3 tasks so that if you mess one up you can go back and do it again. You could also look at the wiki for each task after you've done them to make sure you did them right, then save before doing the next task. That would save you from having to do all 3 again if you got only 1 wrong. The wiki pages are separate so you shouldn't spoil anything for one of the other quests by looking at the page for a quest you've done.

Hope that helps. Trying to explain it properly without spoilers is pretty hard, haha.

patr7404

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2019, 05:23:23 pm »
I didn't turn him in or refuse him, I just kind of picked half-lies, half-truths to alot of his questions, I did tell him that I was allowed in again though.

Duskmare

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2019, 05:41:28 pm »
I didn't turn him in or refuse him, I just kind of picked half-lies, half-truths to alot of his questions, I did tell him that I was allowed in again though.

Hmm, not sure if you have to tell the full truth or not. Did he give you a follow up quest to 'bug' the place?

patr7404

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2019, 05:47:59 pm »
Think he said something like that's all for now and that I should go to the bartender to get my money. Welp, rip first playthrough))

Duskmare

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2019, 05:53:11 pm »
Think he said something like that's all for now and that I should go to the bartender to get my money. Welp, rip first playthrough))

Ah, I've had a look at the wiki. It says that you have to tell him that there are no dogs and that you're allowed back in. So if you told him there were dogs then yep... RIP.

Don't worry though. I actually didn't even make it to Junkyard on my first playthrough, haha. Spread my character too thin on oddity mode and basically couldn't do anything. Restarting is all part of the learning experience, haha.

Lyca0n

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2019, 04:23:59 pm »
Lore wise they are corporations, their agenda for humanity is to make money. Praertorian does it via hiring security (and possibly from taxation), Core tech does it via manufacturing shit and the JKK does it by feeding the masses gladiatorial slaughter.....all with quests nearly identical to one another. So enjoy being another cog in the corporate machine for a while in a video game.

After playing all of them the oligarchs are also hard to nail down politically as well beyond being self serving but I may be biased.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 01:54:41 pm by Lyca0n »
"To him who looks upon the world rationally, the world in its turn presents a rational aspect"-Hegel

Azura_04

• Scavenger
  • Some girl from SGS.
    • View Profile
    • My primary forum account. (German, no advertising.)
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2019, 05:56:21 am »
Hey,

You should work for the Preatorian Security.

Why?

Well if you do it right and choose the right dialouge options, then Corecity will fall into a civilwar again after you end the game.

This opens some interresting ending slides. But i don't want to spoil too much. :/

-Azura

*Spoiler*

(Tipp you have to tell their CEO that the son of the other CEO killed his own son.)
You can contact me on Discord if you want.
•♬•♫•Azura•♫•♬•#9900

paulkirikawa

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2019, 05:17:24 pm »
Hey,

You should work for the Preatorian Security.

Why?

Well if you do it right and choose the right dialouge options, then Corecity will fall into a civilwar again after you end the game.

This opens some interresting ending slides. But i don't want to spoil too much. :/

-Azura

*Spoiler*

(Tipp you have to tell their CEO that the son of the other CEO killed his own son.)

Actually, this forum do have a manual spoiling descriptor...
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 05:21:04 pm by paulkirikawa »
Nihil sub, sole novum