Author Topic: Disappointed ...  (Read 6316 times)

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Disappointed ...
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2014, 01:27:13 am »
Well, arguing that is pointless, but when I'm sitting on more money than every single trader in the game and can buy everything at a whim, I'd say that whatever drops is, relatively speaking, of low value.  ;)
I for one do find it counter-intuitive for npcs and critters to only drop what is useful, and not, say, every single item in their inventory, which I sure don't want to carry around.
But let's get back around to my first point. :D
First person to give Styg Karma.

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.

MD

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2014, 02:06:19 am »
I agree, lockpicking, hacking and snooping are great fun for me. I love to explore and find things that other may have passed up for whatever reason (in multiplayer games) and have the skills high enough to get in and grab the goodies :)
As for the ton of things I've picked up while venturing I hate having to always drop stuff just because I can't sell it or become totally encumbered. I'm starting to get a little better with money, but I still prefer there were more ways to make it. The prices for most things are way too high, imo, and way too slow for my liking in getting what I really need. I can make psi and healing boosts now, even made a few psi boosts, but I'd like to get the bandage making too but never saw that blueprint sold anywhere... yet.
Not sure what the player base is like for this game, but from what I've read in some other forums it seems I'm not alone in feeling that this game could benefit from adding a little more player friendly boosts to help keep the frustration level down and the fun up just to help give the newbies (myself included) more of a reason to stick with the game and not give up for the reasons stated before. That's just my opinion though.

Elhazzared

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2014, 12:40:05 pm »
The player frustation comes mostly from not knowing how to deal with situations early on and not knowing how to spend money early on.

Everything is relatively easy early on and you don't need to buy much. In adition to lockpicks and haxxor and some bateries you might want a grenade, maybe two to breeze through the first quest.

Going to the SGS compound you might need to buy a gun if you are a gun orientated character, if not you will probably need a grenade for the guys waiting in ambush before getting there. You'll need some electric grenades (if you're not a psi user) to deal with the robots on SGS. The last SGS fight is not the easiest one either, but can be won easily with a bit of planning and probably the odd grenade if it's getting too tough.

After this you should have way over 1000 credits. It's not a huge amount of money, but it's decent enough to get you started. Next you move to the junkyard and by the time you finish the junkyard I assure you. You'll be swiming in money and have more than you know what to do with it.

bushwhacker2k

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2014, 07:13:39 pm »
... Thinking about it, chance encounters with bandits aren't a bad idea.

Enemies already respawn in some areas, but this is a great idea IMO. It would make moving through already cleared areas much more interesting because enemies wouldn't simply spawn in areas you already know they'd be in. Lot of potential there.